Author Topic: SEQUESTERED: Air Force Academy Cancels Fourth of July...  (Read 977 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
SEQUESTERED: Air Force Academy Cancels Fourth of July...
« on: March 22, 2013, 02:43:50 pm »
http://www.usafa.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123341068

Academy cancels July 4th celebration due to sequestration

Posted 3/21/2013

3/21/2013 - U.S. AIR FORCE ACADEMY, Colo. -- The Air Force Academy's annual Independence Day celebration has been canceled due to budgetary concerns from sequestration, Academy officials announced March 20.

Sequestration has forced the Academy to cut back on many activities it would normally support, said Academy Public Affairs Director Lt. Col. John Bryan.

"Faced with so many uncertainties about the future budget, we have to look at ways to save money," Bryan said. "The City of Colorado Springs and the Pikes Peak Region are our family, and we look forward to getting this and other events back on track in 2014."

This marks the second-straight year the Academy has not held a fireworks show to celebrate Independence Day. The 2012 event was canceled due to the Waldo Canyon Fire.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Millee

Re: SEQUESTERED: Air Force Academy Cancels Fourth of July...
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 03:10:22 pm »
I bet a lot of cities will cancel their fireworks. 

Offline Ford289HiPo

• Don't take life seriously; No one gets out alive
Re: SEQUESTERED: Air Force Academy Cancels Fourth of July...
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 12:40:59 am »
Having lived in the Springs, I would say this really isn't going to have a big impact. I once watched 4 separate fireworks displays from my place at the base of Cheyenne Mountain.

Still, it's the thinking behind the action that is destructive.
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.