Author Topic: Sequestration cutbacks hit defense  (Read 1103 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sequestration cutbacks hit defense
« on: March 17, 2013, 05:22:23 pm »
http://www.dailynews.com/news/ci_22803134/sequestration-cutbacks-hit-defense

Sequestration cutbacks hit defense
Humanitarian losses: Missions like Hurricane Sandy relief could be curtailed.
$85 billion: Regionally, March Air Force base looks at major hit to its budget.
Andrew Edwards, Staff Writer
Posted:   03/15/2013 07:17:12 PM PDT
Updated:   03/15/2013 09:49:23 PM PDT

Air Reserve Technicians perform maintenance on the C-17A Globemaster at March Air Reserve Base in Riverside. The base is one of many bases that will be affected by the Federal sequestration. (Gabriel Luis Acosta/Staff Photographer)

Washington's recent failure to meet politicians' self-imposed deadline for broad-based budget cuts does not seem to have yet had much effect on average Americans, but its impacts on the military are on pace to "snowball".

That's the word from Lt. Col Don Traud at March Air Reserve Base in Riverside, home of the 452nd Air Mobility Wing.

The 452nd's pilots and crew members take flight in C-17 Globemaster jets and KC-135R Stratotankers, which are respectively deployed to transport personnel and cargo and conduct air refueling missions.

"One of our biggest missions is actually picking up the wounded in the Middle East and fly them to Germany, or if they need critical care, fly them back here," Traud said.

At March, cutbacks may lead to a reduced capability to perform humainitarian missions.

March pilots have flown relief missions after crises such as Hurricane Sandy and earthquakes in Japan and Haiti, but planned reductions in training time may result in pilots not having enough hours clocked in to be considered mission-ready.

Traud said those training cuts are set to affect the entire Air Force, as of next month.

continued at link
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Ford289HiPo

• Don't take life seriously; No one gets out alive
Re: Sequestration cutbacks hit defense
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 10:47:33 pm »
We aren't the world's policeman, nor are we Donut Dolly's. Let these other countries pick up their own disaster tabs.

I still haven't heard of pay cuts or a reduction in number of congressional staffers, or the WH staff. Is Bo the Dog's handler still making $100,000p/a? Is he still on the payroll?
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 01:03:39 am »
We aren't the world's policeman, nor are we Donut Dolly's. Let these other countries pick up their own disaster tabs.

I still haven't heard of pay cuts or a reduction in number of congressional staffers, or the WH staff. Is Bo the Dog's handler still making $100,000p/a? Is he still on the payroll?

Last I heard the pooper-scooper still employed. AFAIC the Obama's should be paying out of pocket for him.. it's their dog, not the American Taxpayers dog.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Ford289HiPo

• Don't take life seriously; No one gets out alive
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 01:41:59 am »
Last I heard the pooper-scooper still employed. AFAIC the Obama's should be paying out of pocket for him.. it's their dog, not the American Taxpayers dog.

But like everything else, we get saddled with the burden.
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.