Author Topic: Possibly the Most Diabolically Cool Station Wagon Ever  (Read 2170 times)

famousdayandyear

Possibly the Most Diabolically Cool Station Wagon Ever
« on: March 16, 2013, 01:57:36 am »
http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2013/03/possibly-most-diabolically-cool-station.html

Possibly the Most Diabolically Cool Station Wagon Ever

Executive Summary: Daddy like.

Everyone knows that the Chevrolet Corvette is offered in both a coupe and convertible version - quite usual body versions for a sports car. In the past few months, however, another body version has become famous: the shooting brake. While we are pretty sure Chevy will never offer a shooting brake Corvette, the guys over Callaway have developed such a model.

Even crazier is that, if the company will have enough orders for it, the new AeroWagon - as it is being called - will be put into production. Callaway is currently taking orders for the model and announced the modifications will cost about $15,000.

The car’s rear hatch will be made of carbon-fiber structural components, which were developed using Callaway’s proprietary Resin Transfer Molding process. This way it will be both lightweight and strong. Callaway also announced that its new model will exceed 200 mph, making us believe it will use something different than the standard 450-horsepower, 6.2-liter V-8 engine seen in the new Stingray.

Because every American family needs a station wagon capable of 200 mph.

Offline happyg

Re: Possibly the Most Diabolically Cool Station Wagon Ever
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 04:08:39 pm »
That's a beautiful car, but I wouldn't want something like that because of the care they need. I'd worry about every tiny ding. Back in the sixties, I had a big Pontiac and was parallel parking between two cars, one behind me being a Corvette. I was very cautious, and came within an inch of touching it, but parked safely. Some guy came running out of a store and started screaming that I almost hit his car, that he paid over $20,000K for it. I yelled back that only an idiot would parallel park a car that expensive.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 06:31:59 pm »
~LOL~ my first husband and I always had a Corvette.  One day as I was getting ready to turn at a light to go into our company parking lot the car died for some reason and someone we knew who was behind me at the light gave me a "push" with his car into the parking lot - then proceeded to tell my husband about it... whoaaaaaaaaaaa was he angry that I had not physically pushed the car instead of allowing this guy to push me with his vehicle ~LOL~........  I sure did like how fast those cars accelerated, I'll tell you that!  I always had a lead foot.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 06:44:19 pm »
"~LOL~ my first husband and I always had a Corvette...I sure did like how fast those cars accelerated, I'll tell you that!  I always had a lead foot."

And now you drive a behemoth of an SUV? How the mighty have fallen...or have become more intimidating.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline happyg

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 07:05:14 pm »
~LOL~ my first husband and I always had a Corvette.  One day as I was getting ready to turn at a light to go into our company parking lot the car died for some reason and someone we knew who was behind me at the light gave me a "push" with his car into the parking lot - then proceeded to tell my husband about it... whoaaaaaaaaaaa was he angry that I had not physically pushed the car instead of allowing this guy to push me with his vehicle ~LOL~........  I sure did like how fast those cars accelerated, I'll tell you that!  I always had a lead foot.

My brother-in-law has one, and only he is allowed to drive it. He keeps it covered in the garage when he isn't driving it. That's his baby!

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 07:09:17 pm »
"~LOL~ my first husband and I always had a Corvette...I sure did like how fast those cars accelerated, I'll tell you that!  I always had a lead foot."

And now you drive a behemoth of an SUV? How the mighty have fallen...or have become more intimidating.

Yep... SUV... with the big engine no less... needed it to pull our boat...  we also had a 280Z bought new in 1977 - I sold it three years ago... it was a go-fast car, too... and BTW the Suburban accellerates quite nicely... good thing for cruise control.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2013, 07:16:02 pm »
Yep... SUV... with the big engine no less... needed it to pull our boat...  we also had a 280Z bought new in 1977 - I sold it three years ago... it was a go-fast car, too... and BTW the Suburban accellerates quite nicely... good thing for cruise control.

I like the go fast part but can do without feeling like I'm bumping my butt on the road every time I hit a pebble on the hiway!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2013, 07:20:22 pm »
I get the same bumping in the SUV as I had in the sport cars.  Both stiff suspension.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2013, 12:48:17 am »
I get the same bumping in the SUV as I had in the sport cars.  Both stiff suspension.

But I doubt your rear end is as close to the ground in that SUV as was in the Corvette!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 12:48:59 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2013, 03:43:07 am »
But I doubt your rear end is as close to the ground in that SUV as was in the Corvette!

:silly: :silly: :silly: nope...