Author Topic: Possibly the Most Diabolically Cool Station Wagon Ever  (Read 1069 times)

famousdayandyear

Possibly the Most Diabolically Cool Station Wagon Ever
« on: March 15, 2013, 09:57:36 PM »

Offline happyg

Re: Possibly the Most Diabolically Cool Station Wagon Ever
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 12:08:39 PM »
That's a beautiful car, but I wouldn't want something like that because of the care they need. I'd worry about every tiny ding. Back in the sixties, I had a big Pontiac and was parallel parking between two cars, one behind me being a Corvette. I was very cautious, and came within an inch of touching it, but parked safely. Some guy came running out of a store and started screaming that I almost hit his car, that he paid over $20,000K for it. I yelled back that only an idiot would parallel park a car that expensive.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 02:31:59 PM »
~LOL~ my first husband and I always had a Corvette.  One day as I was getting ready to turn at a light to go into our company parking lot the car died for some reason and someone we knew who was behind me at the light gave me a "push" with his car into the parking lot - then proceeded to tell my husband about it... whoaaaaaaaaaaa was he angry that I had not physically pushed the car instead of allowing this guy to push me with his vehicle ~LOL~........  I sure did like how fast those cars accelerated, I'll tell you that!  I always had a lead foot.

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 02:44:19 PM »
"~LOL~ my first husband and I always had a Corvette...I sure did like how fast those cars accelerated, I'll tell you that!  I always had a lead foot."

And now you drive a behemoth of an SUV? How the mighty have fallen...or have become more intimidating.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline happyg

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 03:05:14 PM »
~LOL~ my first husband and I always had a Corvette.  One day as I was getting ready to turn at a light to go into our company parking lot the car died for some reason and someone we knew who was behind me at the light gave me a "push" with his car into the parking lot - then proceeded to tell my husband about it... whoaaaaaaaaaaa was he angry that I had not physically pushed the car instead of allowing this guy to push me with his vehicle ~LOL~........  I sure did like how fast those cars accelerated, I'll tell you that!  I always had a lead foot.

My brother-in-law has one, and only he is allowed to drive it. He keeps it covered in the garage when he isn't driving it. That's his baby!

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 03:09:17 PM »
"~LOL~ my first husband and I always had a Corvette...I sure did like how fast those cars accelerated, I'll tell you that!  I always had a lead foot."

And now you drive a behemoth of an SUV? How the mighty have fallen...or have become more intimidating.

Yep... SUV... with the big engine no less... needed it to pull our boat...  we also had a 280Z bought new in 1977 - I sold it three years ago... it was a go-fast car, too... and BTW the Suburban accellerates quite nicely... good thing for cruise control.

Online Bigun

• The income tax: Root of all evil!
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2013, 03:16:02 PM »
Yep... SUV... with the big engine no less... needed it to pull our boat...  we also had a 280Z bought new in 1977 - I sold it three years ago... it was a go-fast car, too... and BTW the Suburban accellerates quite nicely... good thing for cruise control.

I like the go fast part but can do without feeling like I'm bumping my butt on the road every time I hit a pebble on the hiway!

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2013, 03:20:22 PM »
I get the same bumping in the SUV as I had in the sport cars.  Both stiff suspension.

Online Bigun

• The income tax: Root of all evil!
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2013, 08:48:17 PM »
I get the same bumping in the SUV as I had in the sport cars.  Both stiff suspension.

But I doubt your rear end is as close to the ground in that SUV as was in the Corvette!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 08:48:59 PM by Bigun »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2013, 11:43:07 PM »
But I doubt your rear end is as close to the ground in that SUV as was in the Corvette!

:silly: :silly: :silly: nope...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf