Author Topic: How to kill a drone  (Read 547 times)

Offline mountaineer

How to kill a drone
« on: March 12, 2013, 12:55:52 PM »
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Offline andy58-in-nh

Re: How to kill a drone
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 01:35:30 PM »
I'm pretty sure they wouldn't respond well either to a .270 round traveling at 2600 fps (at 200 yards). Or even a .223 at 2400 fps. If I ever see one over my property, I'll let you know.
Liberalism isn't really about making the world a better place. It's about reassuring the elites that they are good people for wanting to rule over it.

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
Re: How to kill a drone
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 10:18:03 PM »
I'm reasonably certain that the designers took into account the fact that the signals might be subject to jamming attacks.  Depending on the altitude they'd be loitering at, it might be interesting to see if one could - hypothetically speaking, of course - design a homemade system that would loft a loose mesh of monofilament into the path of a loitering drone to snag the prop and/or the wings/control surfaces; something like a ballistic launcher.  Or, perhaps - just hypothetically speaking - using RC miniature helicopters working in tandem to loft such a mesh up into the drone's flight path.  This one would definitely require thinking outside the box and, unfortunately, standard-issue radio jamming is too much inside the box.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf