Author Topic: Lamborghini unveils $3.9 million supercar  (Read 2429 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

Lamborghini unveils $3.9 million supercar
« on: March 06, 2013, 10:22:57 pm »
Hmmm, maybe I will reconsider my long time desire for a Mercedes.

Who buys a €3 million ($3.9 million) car? Not you.

Lamborghini's run of the new Veneno is sold out - though it only made three...

Under the Hood: Powering the Veneno is a 12-cylinder engine and a 7-speed transmission with five different driving modes. Lamborghini says the Veneno can reach speeds of 220 miles per hour (355 kilometers per hour) and accelerates from 0-60 mph in 2.8 seconds.

Outside: The body is carbon-fiber to keep the car as light as possible and allow for that quick acceleration. The shape is angular and muscular, with cut-outs sprinkled throughout and a back fin that fades into the roof. The rear looks like the bottom of a rocket ship, and the car nearly kisses the ground it sits so low.

Inside: Scissor doors open up to reveal an interior also clad in carbon-fiber. The feel is suede-like throughout, but the dashboard has a fairly standard look. You don't feel as if you're about to take off.

Cheers: The customers are thrilled - though they have yet to actually get behind the wheel. "It's rolling artwork, it's like owning the Mona Lisa," said Singh. "I look forward to driving it."

http://www.komonews.com/news/national/Lamborghini-unveils-39-million-car-195283401.html [with pics]
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cincinnatus

Re: Lamborghini unveils $3.9 million supercar
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 11:53:00 pm »
True enough, TS, For that kind of money you could by a Bugatti Veyron, and have over a million left over., but you are overlooking some very relevant details.

(1) This Lamborghini is much better looking than the Bugatti Veyron.

(2) The Lamborghini, given its cost, would incite greater envy, even among those who own a Bugatti Veyron.

(3) The Lamborghini would get me more babes than woud a Bugatti Veyron.

Case closed.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 12:05:30 am »
True enough, TS, For that kind of money you could by a Bugatti Veyron, and have over a million left over., but you are overlooking some very relevant details.

(2) The Lamborghini, given its cost, would incite greater envy, even among those who own a Bugatti Veyron.

Case closed.
I'll have to respectfully disagree. The Lambo is all sizzle, but no steak, with just 750 hp and 235 mph top speed.

The Veyron gives far more bang for performance Euro, so to speak.

Bugatti Veyron Super Sport (2010–)

The Veyron Super Sport features an engine power increase from the standard 1,001 PS (736 kW; 987 bhp) to 1,200 PS (880 kW; 1,200 bhp) and torque of 1,500 N·m (1,100 lbf·ft) and a revised aerodynamic package.[64] It has a 431.072 km/h (267.856 mph) top speed, making it the fastest road car in production,[2][65][66] although it is electronically limited to 415 km/h (258 mph) to protect the tyres from disintegrating.[64

Plus I like the refined classic retro styling of the Bugatti, compared to the predictable futuristic Lambo looks.

And BTW both brands are part of the brand family owned by VW Group, alongside Audi, Porsche, Bentley, Lambo and Bugatti.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bugatti_Veyron#Bugatti_Veyron_Super_Sport_.282010.E2.80.93.29

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 01:07:51 am »
Hey, TS, did it ever occur to you this was all tongue in cheek?

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 05:42:41 am »
Hey, TS, did it ever occur to you this was all tongue in cheek?

1. To each his own on beauty. I'm all in for the combo of classic beauty and blazing performance.

2. The Veyron is a bargain. I'm thrifty. Let the Lambos envy the back of the Veyron.

3. I'm keeping the babe I got and spending the million I save on her.

Different Lambo, and different version Bugatti, same lesson:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5_AKjDdqaU

Fun stuff. My design Bugatti Supersport would be gloss black on flat black.

Oceander

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 03:17:10 am »
It's all good to me.  I'd give an eye tooth to be able to play around with any one of those autos.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2013, 06:48:15 am »
It's all good to me.  I'd give an eye tooth to be able to play around with any one of those autos.
You can do a budget version and get a truly amazing world class vehicle with the Nissan GT-R.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5zD3nlnDZM

Oceander

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2013, 09:44:35 pm »
You can do a budget version and get a truly amazing world class vehicle with the Nissan GT-R.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5zD3nlnDZM

Unfortunately, at my price-point right now the closest I could get would be "tuning" my 1999 Grand Marquis (i.e., the pimped-out version of the Crown Vic).