Author Topic: Understanding the Limbaugh Theorem: Obama Inflicts Pain for Political Gain  (Read 934 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Understanding the Limbaugh Theorem: Obama Inflicts Pain for Political Gain
March 05, 2013

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  Well, what's so funny, that I said he doesn't even know the loop on it?  Is that what was funny?  All right.  Well, maybe I will.  I don't know.  I'm conflicted over whether or not to do this.  My instincts are saying, "Don't do it."  But everybody's saying, "No, you gotta do it."  So I don't know.  I'll think about it.  Anyway, I know you're wondering what I'm talking about.  We're talking about things here, the staff, back and forth.

I got e-mails from listeners, I got Snerdley, I've got friends telling me that I ought to... if I start talking about it I start talking about it. I haven't made up my mind if I want to start talking about it.  I know it's unfair to you, folks.  I'm teasing you.  I don't intend to.  The show happened to start right in the middle of, as usual, people telling me what I ought to do.  The microphone went on and that's what you just caught up here in the middle of.  The program had started.

It's great to have you here.  Here's the telephone number if you want to be on the program.  800-282-2882.  The e-mail address, ElRushbo@eibnet.com.

You know, there's an editorial today, the Washington Examiner, and there's an excellent point in this piece.  It's about the sequester, and it's also about the Limbaugh Theorem, in a way.  That's what these people are all urging me to talk about.  I am being inundated with e-mails from you in the audience who are telling me that you can't turn on the television these days or read anything without hearing somebody mention my theory about Obama never governing, always campaigning, always appearing as the outsider, you know, that whole spiel that I started two weeks ago.  Basically I got people e-mailing me saying, "Everybody's using that now, but nobody's mentioning your name."

I got Snerdley and you people in the e-mail, "You need to explain how this got started so that you get credit for it." I'm not about getting credit.  I don't want to come here and start whining about stuff, but I've got friends saying, "No, it's important, Rush, because you're out there, you're getting maligned, you're getting ripped to shreds and so forth, and you're the guy that's providing them with all the theories they're using to make themselves look smart." (sigh)  So I don't know.  All I care about is that you people in the audience know the truth about things, and whether anybody else does, that's for events to flow of their own inertia, history to take care of.  I don't know.  Being right is its own validation.  Success is the best revenge, whatever, since Obama's into revenge.

(interruption)

Well, now, that is true.  Snerdley is making the point that people are hearing incomplete versions of the Limbaugh Theorem and maybe are not fully understanding.  Last night somebody e-mailed.  Hot Air, the website that we quote here a lot, Ed Morrissey and his gang and Michelle Malkin started that.  They've got a thing every night called Quotes of the Day.  And last night somebody sent it to me, and last night's Quotes of the Day was everybody that was quoted explaining the Limbaugh Theorem.  But you're right, Snerdley, they all missed an element here or an element there.

I'll tell you, it's important, especially for low-information voters, to eventually understand this.  And it's not hard. It's very easy to understand.  I don't know.  Maybe I'll spend some time on it in due course, in mere moments.  I do want to get to this DC Examiner piece, because it kind of goes along with it in a way.  Let me lift this little excerpt.  "For perhaps the first time in the history of the United States, it is in the political interest of a president to inflict maximum pain on the American people." This is a natural outgrowth of the Limbaugh Theorem, and it is dead on.  In order for Obama to win this sequester argument, there has to be pain.  The American people have to experience pain in their daily lives.  That can manifest itself as long lines at the airport.

more at: http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2013/03/05/understanding_the_limbaugh_theorem_obama_inflicts_pain_for_political_gain

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald