Author Topic: Our national debt  (Read 2373 times)

Offline pjohns

Our national debt
« on: March 03, 2013, 01:36:15 am »
Here are the actual figures, as regarding our national debt on January 20, 2009 (When Barack Obama originally assumed the presidency) vis-a-vis what that debt is today:

Date---------------------------------------Total Public Debt Outstanding

01/20/2009------------------------------10,626,877,048,913.08
02/28/2013------------------------------16,687,289,180,215.37

Here is the link:  Government - Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)

Basically, what this means is that, in just over four years, President Obama has added more that 6.06 trillion dollars to our national debt.

(This is the cue for dyed-in-the-wool Keynesians to come out, and cry that he simply had no choice but to try to "stimulate" the economy; and that he probably should have spent even more...)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 01:36:40 am by pjohns »

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Our national debt
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 03:20:11 am »
He just loves having his own personal printing press to buy all that liberal love.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline pjohns

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 06:28:15 am »
He just loves having his own personal printing press to buy all that liberal love.

It is the Treasury's printing press that especially worries me.  I am guessing that the Fed may decide to do another round of "quantitative easing"; which is just a fancy way of saying, printing more and more money.  (The only problem with that course of action being that it inevitably leads to hyper-inflation...)

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 06:40:38 am »
The only problem with that course of action being that it inevitably leads to hyper-inflation...)

What concerns me is that hyper-inflation may be already planned. Few things are more certain to bring down a government than hyper-inflation. Consider France under Louis XVI, the Weimar Republic, or even our own United States during the time of the Continental.

We either get our fiscal house in order very soon or we are heading down that same path.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 01:34:33 pm »
Here are the actual figures, as regarding our national debt on January 20, 2009 (When Barack Obama originally assumed the presidency) vis-a-vis what that debt is today:

Date---------------------------------------Total Public Debt Outstanding

01/20/2009------------------------------10,626,877,048,913.08
02/28/2013------------------------------16,687,289,180,215.37

Here is the link:  Government - Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)

Basically, what this means is that, in just over four years, President Obama has added more that 6.06 trillion dollars to our national debt.

(This is the cue for dyed-in-the-wool Keynesians to come out, and cry that he simply had no choice but to try to "stimulate" the economy; and that he probably should have spent even more...)

That also means that he's added 60% of the 2009 debt to the current US debt; in other words, almost half of the current US debt is due to his (mal)administration alone.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 05:37:56 pm »
I think they are well aware what is going to befall all of us from their rampant printing.. I also think they don't care.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline pjohns

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 05:54:09 pm »
I think they are well aware what is going to befall all of us from their rampant printing.. I also think they don't care.

Actually, I think that a pretty good case may be advanced that the Obama administration (and the left in general) would welcome a collapse of the American system, so that they can swoop in and pick up the pieces. 

It is called the Cloward-Piven strategy:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloward%E2%80%93Piven_strategy   

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2013, 06:11:55 pm »
Actually, I think that a pretty good case may be advanced that the Obama administration (and the left in general) would welcome a collapse of the American system, so that they can swoop in and pick up the pieces. 

It is called the Cloward-Piven strategy:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloward%E2%80%93Piven_strategy

Yep..know all about Cloward because Beck went into great detail on his show.  The rest of the media never mention it.. ever...   that said what pieces? Look at the mess they have made in Detroit..are making in Illinois..California and now Colorado... Most people are clueless and worse they like being clueless.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 06:18:44 pm »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2013, 07:00:31 pm »

This will only succeed so long as the public perceives OPapaDoc himself is not culpable.  Given that his approval ratings went from the low fifties to the mid-forties as he did his "magical sequester tour" there is serious doubt as to whether the public is buying it.