Author Topic: You’re a SEAL Stranded in Hostile Territory: What’s in Your Survival Kit?  (Read 822 times)

Online EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Silence is Golden. Boredom is even better.
An interesting list for those who prep a bug out bag/ kit.

SEALs aren’t supposed to find themselves in trouble that they can’t get out of. That’s why the Navy is seeking to buy 300 new survival kits for the Naval Special Warfare Development Group, sometimes known as Navy SEAL Team 6.

They’re the guys who raided Osama bin Laden’s compound in May 2011 and sent him on an all-expenses-paid trip to the bottom of the Indian Ocean. Save for the downed stealthy MH-60 Black Hawk chopper, the mission was a grand success. But, being military men, they have to prepare for worst-case scenarios. That’s where Wednesday’s solicitation for what they call Personnel Recovery and Survival Kits comes in.

“The Naval Special Warfare Development Group (NSWDG) has a requirement to procure personnel recovery and survival kits (part number 0293-D) on a brand name or equal basis,” it says. “The brand name is SOLKOA [visit their website here]. If quoting an equal product, vendor shall provide all salient characteristics in order to be considered for award.”

Read more:

There is nothing in the specs that is not in my kit. Any additions, disputes?
Before you bitch about the youth of today ... think about who raised them.

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Ford289HiPo

• Don't take life seriously; No one gets out alive
If it's a SEAL, they need spare RayBans, tanning oil, and hair dressing.
I just got a face full of obama.

I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo