Author Topic: 11 states with more people on welfare than employed  (Read 1979 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
11 states with more people on welfare than employed
« on: February 25, 2013, 05:33:26 pm »
http://www.michaelsavage.wnd.com/2013/02/11-states-with-more-people-on-welfare-than-employed/

Last month, the Senate Budget Committee reports that in fiscal year 2011, between food stamps, housing support, child care, Medicaid and other benefits, the average U.S. household below the poverty line received $168.00 a day in government support. What’s the problem with that much support? Well, the median household income in America is just over $50,000, which averages out to $137.13 a day. To put it another way, being on welfare now pays the equivalent of $30.00 an hour for a 40-hour week, while the average job pays $25.00 an hour.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Rapunzel

Re: 11 states with more people on welfare than employed
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 05:47:53 pm »
quite a few RED states there....
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 06:07:06 pm »
South Carolina???? 

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 06:34:31 pm »
South Carolina????

Does R4Whoever have a job there yet?  We wouldn't want her to bring the state down.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 06:35:06 pm by massadvj »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 12:20:30 am »
To put it another way, being on welfare now pays the equivalent of $30.00 an hour for a 40-hour week, while the average job pays $25.00 an hour.
It's worse than that. The statistic specifically cites those under the poverty line, and not all of us receive government assistance. Many of us just live modestly. (I know there are statistics for this, but I don't have them off the top of my head so I don't know how many of us there are relative to the total population.) So that means those that are are also receiving "our" share on top of the $30/hr mentioned here.

But heaven forbid we touch those programs. Heaven forbid we cut off obese people from getting food stamps, as I've proposed before. (That would have a tremendous impact in AL, MS, SC-- three of the states mentioned here.)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 01:53:32 am »
It also doesn't go into how much of that is due to outright fraud.  For example, in NYC a lot of people in cash-intensive industries will intentionally underreport their income (most of which is untraceable cash) in order to qualify for Medicaid benefits.