Author Topic: Finke: Michelle at Oscars 'unnecessary and inappropriate'  (Read 2118 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Finke: Michelle at Oscars 'unnecessary and inappropriate'
« on: February 25, 2013, 01:40:41 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2013/02/24/Finke-Michelle-at-Oscars-unnecessary-and-inappropriate

Finke: Michelle at Oscars 'unnecessary and inappropriate'
by Joel B. Pollak 24 Feb 2013

From the doyenne of Hollywood bloggers, Nikki Finke, live-blogging the Oscars:

As if Hanoi Jane wasn’t fuel enough. Oh My God - the Academy actually fans the fire by drafting First Lady Michelle Obama to help present Best Picture from presumably the White House? So unnecessary and inappropriate to inject so much politics into the Oscars yet again. Hollywood will get pilloried by conservative pundits for arranging this payoff for all the campaign donations it gave the President’s reelection campaign. I don’t understand this very obvious attempt to infuriate right-leaning audiences. Clearly the studios only want to sell their movies to only half of America.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Finke: Michelle at Oscars 'unnecessary and inappropriate'
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 02:06:01 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2013/02/24/Finke-Michelle-at-Oscars-unnecessary-and-inappropriate

"I don’t understand this very obvious attempt to infuriate right-leaning audiences. Clearly the studios only want to sell their movies to only half of America."

I don't understand why conservatives even watch the Oscars anymore.  You already know which movies are going to win - and why they will win.  If conservatives pulled their business from the media - they would notice!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 08:30:50 pm »
I don't understand why conservatives even watch the Oscars anymore.
Why do we go to the movies at all? Are we that desperate for amusement (from the Latin for "lack of thinking," give or take) as to fill the pocketbooks of these America-hating, God-mocking fools?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Queen

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 08:50:48 pm »
Mountaineer, you look lovely in pink and your choice of accessories is to die for.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 09:27:30 pm »
Mountaineer, you look lovely in pink and your choice of accessories is to die for.
Thank you, it's what the well-dressed gunowner is wearing this season.  BLAM!

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 10:01:25 pm »
Why do we go to the movies at all? Are we that desperate for amusement (from the Latin for "lack of thinking," give or take) as to fill the pocketbooks of these America-hating, God-mocking fools?

Yeah.  We are that desperate.   :pop41:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 10:10:25 pm »
I realize some folks love going to movies. No offense intended - and I mean that.
I just can't justify paying money to these fools.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2013, 01:55:28 am »
I realize some folks love going to movies. No offense intended - and I mean that.
I just can't justify paying money to these fools.

I enjoy a good movie, always have.  I always consider they are mostly - if not totally - fiction.  Some movies make me laugh, some make me cry and some I would not watch if you paid me (horror films) and I will not go see movies staring Sean Penn or Danny Glover and I cannot stand anything made by Quinton Tarantino - the fact his movies are just wierd aside, I find him offensive and sloppy - so would never waste my money on one of his films...
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2013, 03:49:50 am »
First lady Michelle Obama is under fire after she appeared as a long-distance award presenter on the Oscars Sunday evening, flanked by active-duty American service members.

The well-dressed members of the military stood attentively behind the first lady inside the White House as she presented the award for best picture to the movie “Argo.”...

Jennifer Rubin, a conservative columnist for The Washington Post, noted that Michelle Obama didn’t even acknowledge the military during her appearance:

She declared of the Best Picture nominees, “They reminded us that we can overcome any obstacle if we dig deep enough and fight hard enough and find the courage within ourselves.” Alas, none of the films nor her aides reminded her to mention the military, not those personnel behind her nor those serving overseas, an odd omission for the White House that nevertheless was pleased to have them arrayed behind her like, well, set decoration.

Among her other critics for this stunt were Laura Ingraham and Ed Timperlake, a former Marine fighter pilot who served as an assistant secretary in the Department of Veterans Affairs under President George H.W. Bush.

He was quoted as saying, “I thought it was unseemly. I think the use of the service members crossed the line.”

“Putting her up on the stage to award an Oscar is fine. However, putting uniformed military behind her is coming up, maybe perhaps crossing the line where you’re using active duty military in their dress uniform as a prop … for commercial purposes.”

We all know nothing will come of this misuse of the military but just what the heck were they doing there anyway? When I saw pictures of this ridiculous display, I wondered who those people were. I was thinking they might be WH staff dressed up in silly outfits so this whole sham with Michelle would look meaningful and sophisticated.

You have to wonder who authorized this misuse of the military in the first place.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/02/25/michelle-obama-slammed-for-using-military-as-props-during-oscars-appearance/2/

We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 05:08:28 am »
She's a disgusting excuse of a Wookie!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2013, 05:47:55 am »
They sorta looked like the catering staff, not active military

Precisely. At first I thought they were something like that.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Online mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2013, 01:05:33 pm »
They sorta looked like the catering staff, not active military...
That's probably the way she views them: "the help," to be used as props as needed.