Author Topic: Danica Patrick finishes eighth in Daytona 500  (Read 1215 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

Danica Patrick finishes eighth in Daytona 500
« on: February 24, 2013, 10:10:37 pm »
Lol. That is the headline on USA Today. It isn't until the fourth paragraph, in one sentence, it bothers to mention who won. The rest of the article is about Danica.

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- Danica Patrick finished eighth in the Daytona 500 on Sunday.

She appeared to check up on the final lap when a crash erupted behind her. NASCAR did not throw a caution flag.

"You needed a hole. You needed people to help you out," she said. "I had a feeling I was going to get freight-trained (if I went low)."

Jimmie Johnson won the race.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nascar/2013/02/24/daytona-500-2013-danica-patrick/1943125/
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Danica Patrick finishes eighth in Daytona 500
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 10:40:20 pm »
Danica is, in general, a good racer. However, she cannot finish if her life depends on it. She has always had issues with finishing, going back to Indycar. She could have made top three if she had ended stronger.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 10:48:50 pm »
She ran well.  She may have had the best car out there and people would have made a run with her had she made a move.  The Jr/Martin move was amazing - they almost pulled it off. So, Danica finishes eighth. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 11:41:03 pm »
Remaining in the front 10 cars for almost the entire race is a huge undertaking for any driver. I was pulling for her to remain in that #3 spot or even pull a move, but it was not to be. Things happen so fast in that last lap.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn