Author Topic: Five Insane Sci-Fi Weapons That Now Exist  (Read 2079 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Five Insane Sci-Fi Weapons That Now Exist
« on: February 24, 2013, 08:43:57 pm »
Five Insane Sci-Fi Weapons That Now Exist

http://www.cracked.com/article_20257_5-insane-sci-fi-weapons-that-now-exist-in-reality.html

http://www.cracked.com/article_20257_5-insane-sci-fi-weapons-that-now-exist-in-reality_p2.html   This one will surprise you!....shades of Andrew Breitbart.

#1. Painless, Undetectable Laser Injection

The best way to assassinate someone is to make it look like it's not an assassination at all. So good news, ninja of the future: The mad geniuses as MIT have created the hypospray from Star Trek. MIT's device pushes a "near-supersonic dose of medication straight through your skin into your body." The drugs are fired through the flesh on a blast of air smaller than the proboscis of a mosquito.

It's painless, doesn't leave a mark, and apparently you can unload this thing right into someone's eyeball or eardrum without any ill effects. All you need to do is bump into someone and BOOM. Faster than you can dramatically announce, "Hail HYDRA," rattlesnake venom is coursing into your victim's bloodstream.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

Re: Five Insane Sci-Fi Weapons That Now Exist
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 10:20:58 pm »
No more poison-tipped brollies!

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 03:33:59 pm »
I just want a lightsaber. Red.  :smokin:
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 01:55:26 am »
I just want a lightsaber. Red.  :smokin:

That'd be interesting.  I wonder along what lines one would conceptualize the actual technology.

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 04:32:46 am »
That'd be interesting.  I wonder along what lines one would conceptualize the actual technology.

self limiting laser? In red.  :smokin:
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline Rodrigo

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 10:53:43 pm »
Laser injection?   Sounds like the thing I was injected with back in 1966 when inducted into the USAF.  It felt like someone hit you in the arm.  You better not move or it will cut you.     They later developed it into an airless spray painter.

Si Fi weapons?  I still can't fine a Phased plasma rifle in a 40 watt range!  Must be Feinstein or Obama's doing!