Author Topic: Curling Iron Demonstration Gone Wrong  (Read 1995 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Curling Iron Demonstration Gone Wrong
« on: February 23, 2013, 02:39:28 am »
Curling Iron Demonstration Gone Wrong

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74yEW4pX9Fw

Published on Feb 22, 2013
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Curling Iron Demonstration Gone Wrong
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 02:43:31 am »
I felt so sorry for her.. but had to laugh because years ago I "brilliantly decided that I would both color AND perm my hair the same night.. my husband was smart enough to ask me if I thought that was a good idea.. I said - oh I have really strong hair... nooooooooooooo problem...... 

Back in those days women had to sleep in roller (than GOD those days are long gone) and the next morning I proceeded to take the rollers out of my hair and unfortunately the hair stayed on the rollers - not my head.  My husband had the same shocked look as the girl in this video on his face (he KNEW better than to laugh! much less say "I told you so")....... needless to say before I could go to work that day I had to first go to Bullocks and buy a wig......  lesson learned... in addition to no more sleeping on rollers I think now - what were we thinking getting perms back then.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 02:44:54 am »
I'm so glad I'm a guy.  All I have to do is get my hair cut every so often and spend 5 minutes max making it presentable every day before work.  When not working, I can wear a hat.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 02:46:36 am »
I'm so glad I'm a guy.  All I have to do is get my hair cut every so often and spend 5 minutes max making it presentable every day before work.  When not working, I can wear a hat.

Well... untill ya'll go bald ~LOL~

The look on her face was beyond priceless.....

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 02:51:35 am »

Unfortunately my DNA says that will be sooner rather than later.  I seem to have inherited every bad thing possible from both parents.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2013, 03:41:08 am »

The look on her face was beyond priceless.....

Bald's even better!  Then there's nothing to do but make sure you keep a little sunscreen on it when you're not wearing a hat.  I shaved my head in undergrad for a while and I can tell you, it was easy peasy.

Oceander

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2013, 03:42:00 am »
Unfortunately my DNA says that will be sooner rather than later.  I seem to have inherited every bad thing possible from both parents.

If you start to lose it, just go with it and either keep it cropped really close military style, or shave it.  Shaved looks so much better than "trying to hide it."

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2013, 03:43:25 am »
If you start to lose it, just go with it and either keep it cropped really close military style, or shave it.  Shaved looks so much better than "trying to hide it."

Just LOVE those comb-overs - not.