Author Topic: Marines (females, too) drink cobra blood in training exercise. Don't tell PETA.  (Read 1679 times)

Offline mountaineer

US Marines drink snake blood in Thai training exercise called 'Cobra Gold 2013'
By NATALIE O’NEILL
From Post Wire Services
 February 21, 2013

Women won the right to join men in battle, but they probably weren’t expecting to face something like this.

A group of US Marines, including several female leathernecks, drank the blood of live cobras in a a gut-churning, “Fear Factor”-style training program in Thailand yesterday.

One of the female Marines was photographed with snake blood splattered on her face, as she closed her eyes and tried her best to look gung-ho for cobra juice.

The unnerving exercise — known as “Cobra Gold 2013” — was done in conjunction with a group of Thai soldiers, who demonstrated how to catch and kill the poisonous serpents.

More than 13,000 military personnel from seven different countries took part in the survival-skills event in the jungles of Thailand.

In the 10-day drill, soldiers not only catch and eat snakes with their hands, but chow down on bugs and slaughter chickens to stay alive.

The multinational training program aims to improve military relationships among countries with similar goals, and includes troops from Thailand, Singapore, Japan, Indonesia, South Korea and Malaysia.

Yesterday, the American and Thai soldiers traded notes on how to survive in a tropical forest near an army base east of Bangkok.

Last year, several soldiers ate scorpions and other deadly insects, which some said toughened their ability to survive in nature — an essential skill to have during wartime.

“The Thais are showing us a lot of tools, as well as resources available to us in the jungle that we will be able to exploit to survive in that environment,” 1st Lt. Zachary Duncan wrote on a military blog last year.
More photos here

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I doubt you will find very many Jews, Christians, or even Muslims drinking live snake blood. That would be about as un-Kosher and anti-Biblical as a person can get.

Were they praising Satan while doing this? Just curious. At least then I could understand it a little better.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

famousdayandyear

I am probably wrong in my assessment, but my first reaction is that this is highly sensationalized as an "illustration" of how "uncivilized" the Marines when as gender is introduced.  This is merely an exercise in survival within a completely isolated environment; and has been staged since time began for military training. 

My husband was dropped into the Louisiana bayous (with the 101st airborne) and was ordered to survive and find his way to base.  Took well over a week.
I
f women find this repugnent, stay away.  You will only endanger your brethren and he mission

Offline mountaineer

This is merely an exercise in survival within a completely isolated environment; and has been staged since time began for military training. 
Quite agree. Marines have to be tough. This is survival training with a dash of team-building, as far as I can tell.

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Oceander

A little odd, but who really cares?