Author Topic: Latest 'Die Hard' movie destroys 132 cars worth $11 million  (Read 1071 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Latest 'Die Hard' movie destroys 132 cars worth $11 million
« on: February 19, 2013, 04:43:44 am »
http://editorial.autos.msn.com/blogs/autosblogpost.aspx?post=082bcacd-0eb9-43be-bb40-2cef5c520b73&icid=autos_4021

Latest 'Die Hard' movie destroys 132 cars worth $11 million
Bruce Willis blockbuster sets debatable and dubious record for the most cars demolished in a single film.
By Douglas Newcomb 

Mercedes-Benz TV: Making Of A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD. Image by YouTube.The movie that holds the record for the most cars crashed in a single film is a favorite subject of debate -- and an honor of dubious distinction -- among car enthusiasts. Depending on which website you want to believe, "G.I. Joe" holds the record at 112, while "The Blues Brothers 2000" eclipsed the car-wreck orgy of the original with 103.

But the latest Bruce Willis blockbuster and installment in the "Die Hard" series, "A Good Day to Die Hard," outdoes them all with a tally of 132 cars destroyed, and 518 damaged in total, according to director John Moore. “With 'Die Hard,' it's about how audacious the action is,” said Moore in an interview with USA Today. "So you have to drive over a Lamborghini. An actual one. And yes it hurts me. I'm a car fanatic.”

He's a fan of epic car crashes of the highly choreographed and outrageously expensive Hollywood variety. According to Moore, the car carnage in "A Good Day to Die Hard" may also set a new record in terms of cost.

“Someone showed me the numbers on the car chase and soup to nuts,” he said. "You put it all together, it was like an $11 million sequence.” And that doesn’t even include “several” Mercedes-Benz G-Class SUVs demolished in the filming along with a few of the German automaker’s heavy trucks like the Unimog and Zetros.

Mercedes-Benz supplied the G-Wagens for promotional consideration, even though they were all destined to be wrecked. Mercedes is so pleased by its product placement that it provided the following video detailing the cinematic destruction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uTbpylDxYyI
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Latest 'Die Hard' movie destroys 132 cars worth $11 million
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 04:44:21 am »
I love the Die Hard movies....
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776