Author Topic: For the First Time in My Life, I Am Ashamed of My Country  (Read 1021 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
For the First Time in My Life, I Am Ashamed of My Country
« on: February 21, 2013, 07:30:39 pm »
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2013/02/21/for_the_first_time_in_my_life_i_am_ashamed_of_my_country

For the First Time in My Life, I Am Ashamed of My Country
February 21, 2013

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  Folks, I'm sorry here.  I can't help but think that we are all being played for a bunch of fools, a bunch of suckers on this sequester business.  I don't know.  Are you like me?  Do you really think 800,000 people are gonna lose their jobs in the Pentagon because we cut $22 billion?  Do you really think air traffic control's gonna shut down?  Do you really think there aren't gonna be any meat inspectors?  Do you really think that all of these horror stories are going to happen?  I don't.

I feel like I've been here.  This is deja vu all over again.  I remember the 1995 budget battle.  That involved a legitimate government shut down.  That wasn't just $22 billion we were not gonna spend.  We're still gonna spend $3.5 trillion.  We're just not gonna spend $22 billion, if it happens.

Now, the government shutdown in 1995, yeah, we were gonna starve kids.  That was the plan then.  I'm just kidding.  Snerdley I'm sorry, it's all ridiculous to me.  Every bit of this.  I've been doing this -- you get new perspective.  I'm into my 25th year, and I think I mentioned to you last week and maybe the week before, I've been doing this long enough now to start seeing the repeat cycles on everything.  I don't care whether it's the debt limit or the fiscal cliff or continuing resolution or the budget crisis of 2008 or TARP or the auto bailouts, and now the sequester, it's the same playbook.

It is the same threats.  It's the same danger.  It's the same crisis.  It's identical.  There's nothing about it that changes, over and over.  And everybody gets sucked into it.  I try to escape, I try to get out of it, I try to leave it aside, I try to move on, but it just sucks me back in, too, until I realize that I have been sucked back in.  And then there's a part of me that says, "Well, wait a minute now."  You got not just Panetta, but now a uniformed military general, General Odierno, saying that he could lose 600,000 uniformed people, and the common sense of this doesn't add up.  Now we've got a guy comparing this to the Oklahoma City bombing.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Everything gets repeated. The cycle, the claims, the threats, the crisis, Armageddon, it's the same. And we're talking $22 billion. It's not as though we're not gonna spend anything. If the sequester happens, the first year is $44 billion. Half of that's defense. We're still going to spend $3.5 trillion or $3.3 trillion, even if we don't spend the $22 billion. Then there's this guy who draws an analogy to the Oklahoma City bombing.

Plus, we have our old buddy Ron Fournier. He used to be at AP, and is now at the National Journal. This is quite instructive, actually. Let me just read a portion of this to you. "You May Be Right, Mr. President, But This Is Crazy -- Your federal government is almost certain to blow past the March 1 deadline for averting $1.2 trillion in haphazard budget cuts that could cost 700,000 jobs." But see, it's not $1.2 trillion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj1y3q92sog&feature=player_embedded

continued at link....
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 07:31:04 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: For the First Time in My Life, I Am Ashamed of My Country
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 12:23:40 am »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

famousdayandyear

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 12:26:54 am »
More to the truth:  "I FEAR FOR MY COUNTY"

"Ashamed" seems a rather tepid adjective, considering the state we're in

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 01:16:13 am »
More to the truth:  "I FEAR FOR MY COUNTY"

"Ashamed" seems a rather tepid adjective, considering the state we're in

word~
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776