Author Topic: Former Special Ops Members Unveil New Details in Benghazi Book  (Read 2125 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Former Special Ops Members Unveil New Details in Benghazi Book
« on: February 14, 2013, 02:54:45 pm »
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/02/13/former-seals-unveil-new-details-in-benghazi-book-including-secret-missions-by-brennan-that-might-have-prompted-the-attack/

Former Special Ops Members Unveil New Details in Benghazi Book, Including Secret Missions by Brennan That Might Have Prompted the Attack
Feb. 13, 2013 2:04pm Liz Klimas

As the details about the Sept. 11, 2012, attacks on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, continue to emerge, a new ebook claims to unveil what it says are the “both uncomfortable and unsatisfying” facts surrounding the events leading up to, during and after the attack.

Some have already said the details included in ”Benghazi: The Definitive Report,” which was released Tuesday by authors Jack Murphy, a former Army Ranger and member of the 5th Special Forces Group, and Brandon Webb, a former Navy SEAL, are “shocking but hard to prove.” Webb is the editor-in-chief of SOFREP.com (the Special Operations Forces Report) and Murphy is a contributor of the website.

Still, Murphy and Webb state in the prologue that they consulted dozens of experts, former Special Operations personnel and others with inside information regarding the state of Libya and the attacks. The book claims that it is “likely to be the definitive account of the Benghazi attack for years to come until historians can sift through the archives, get documents declassified and interview all of the participants.”

Among many of the claims in the book, is that John Brennan, President Barack Obama’s current nominee to direct the CIA, was conducting secret operations against Al Qaeda in Libya that included raids, which might have spurred the September 2012 attack.

“With [Joint Special Operations Command], Brennan waged his own unilateral operations in North Africa outside of the traditional command structure. These Direct Action (DA) operations [...] were ‘off the books’ in the sense they were not coordinated through the Pentagon or other governmental agencies, including the CIA,” the book states.

The book says that Libya was a “ticking time bomb” and special operations within the country were “disturbing the local hornets nest of terrorists.” Without the CIA being privy to some of this knowledge, it was left unprepared for the attacks that ensued.

The book also goes into some detail about the affair between General David Petraeus and Paula Broadwell and how its revelation was used to out the former CIA director. With the CIA potentially unaware of the Special Operations missions “kicking the hornets nest” in Libya, the book states, Petraeus realized after the attacks he was a “perpetual outsider” in the Obama administration and was already preparing his own resignation before the scandal.

Petraeus’ Personal Security Detachment long knew of the affair, the book alleges, and the FBI had been alerted and was trying to shut the investigation down due to a lack of criminal wrong-doing. But the book says that CIA officers “found a way to initiate and FBI investigation” and used it to “force Petraeus to resign.”

“It is interesting that Petraeus was already on his way out the door over Benghazi and the CIA none the less forced him out on their terms rather than his own,” the authors write.

As for accusations that the U.S. has been facilitating or allowing weapons to go from Libya to rebels in Syria, which Sen. Rand Paul called out earlier this month as potentially “part of the cause” for the attack, The Daily Beast reported National Security Council spokesman Tommy Viector saying this “is completely made up.” On the flip side, Brigitte Gabriel, a leading expert on Islamic extremism, in a recent interview with TheBlaze said she is certain there was such an operation and that Ambassador Christopher Stevens “died because he was involved and because something went wrong.”

Murphy;s and Webb’s take? The book says Stevens would not likely have been involved in a weapons-running operation as it would “not fall under the purview of a foreign services officer in the State Department.”

More on these details and other revelations, including the military response after the attack, can be found in “Benghazi: The Definitive Report,” which is available available on Amazon, iTunes and Barnes and Noble.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Former Special Ops Members Unveil New Details in Benghazi Book
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 06:44:23 pm »
I want to know where the missing 30 from Benghazi are being held and why.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 06:55:14 pm »
And I want to know more about this:

Among many of the claims in the book, is that John Brennan, President Barack Obama’s current nominee to direct the CIA, was conducting secret operations against Al Qaeda in Libya that included raids, which might have spurred the September 2012 attack.

The article states the CIA may have been unaware of these Special Ops (not likely, but still...) which means Obama was running his own clandestine military operations in Libya outside of the purview of our own intelligence agencies. Seems to me, if true, that would make the so-called arms for hostages scandal under Reagan mere chump change.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 07:00:33 pm »
I want to know where the missing 30 from Benghazi are being held and why.

YES!!!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 07:01:31 pm »
And I also wan to know WHO exactly issued the "stand down" order!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 07:16:11 pm »
And I want to know more about this:

The article states the CIA may have been unaware of these Special Ops (not likely, but still...) which means Obama was running his own clandestine military operations in Libya outside of the purview of our own intelligence agencies. Seems to me, if true, that would make the so-called arms for hostages scandal under Reagan mere chump change.

That Brennan was going around Petraeus to conduct these operations is one of the more disturbing revelations of the last week... refresh my memory because I don't recall hearing ANY Republicans asking him about this in his hearing to run CIA.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2013, 07:35:21 pm »
That Brennan was going around Petraeus to conduct these operations is one of the more disturbing revelations of the last week... refresh my memory because I don't recall hearing ANY Republicans asking him about this in his hearing to run CIA.

ARe you aware that Brennan is Muslim? Do you think our represenative in Washington are aware of that fact?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2013, 08:27:13 pm »
ARe you aware that Brennan is Muslim? Do you think our represenative in Washington are aware of that fact?

No!  I didn't know that!!!!   A freaking Muslin running CIA is insane.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2013, 08:31:52 pm »
Well, I don't particularly trust Salon, but they are trying to mock the claims which seemed to start with World Net Daily - also not totally trustworthy....    there is no doubt the man is not trustworthy, however.

http://www.salon.com/2013/02/14/right_wing_runs_with_john_brennan_is_a_muslim_theory/

Thursday, Feb 14, 2013 11:32 AM -0700
Right-wing runs with “John Brennan-is-a-Muslim” theory
Glenn Beck, Bryan Fischer and others agree that a former FBI agent may be on to something VIDEO
By Jillian Rayfield

A disgraced former FBI agent and anti-Islam activist claims that John Brennan, President Obama’s pick to head the CIA, is “unfit for duty” because he just might be a secret Muslim.

As Salon reported, John Guandolo claimed last weekend that “Brennan did convert to Islam when he served in an official capacity on behalf of the United States when he served in Saudi Arabia” and it “was the culmination of a counterintelligence operation against him to recruit him” by foreign operatives.

The theory, which was picked up by conspiracy-theorist central World Net Daily, has an eager audience on the right. Here’s a rundown:

Glenn Beck: ”I don’t know if this is true or not, I will tell you that there is so much in John Brennan background that should be questioned, that this is plausible. He added: ”If somebody makes a charge like that, shouldn’t we at least explore it?” Watch:

video

Former Rep. Fred Grandy, R-Iowa, also of Frank Gaffney’s Center for Security Policy: “The influence of Islam as a religion among top intelligence authorities in this country is not limited to John Brennan. Whether or not that influenced his political determinations probably has more to do not so much with Islam but to what degree has been co-opted by Saudi authorities.”

Sandy Rios of the American Family Association: “Well I think the proof is in the pudding. When he redefines jihad to mean something that it doesn’t mean, to water it down; when he rewrites the training manuals for our law enforcement, for those that would protect the United States; it’s all very, very frightening and suspicious to me.”

Bryan Fischer of the American Family Association: “[Obama] wants a guy to be the director of the CIA who may be a Muslim covert. There’s a highly-placed source, I can’t verify this because it’s only come from one source but John Brennan who President Obama wants to be his CIA director, there’s a well-placed source that says everybody understands in the intelligence community that he converted to Islam when he was on an overseas assignment. He’s allowed the Muslim Brotherhood to infiltrate his administration.”

Guandolo left the FBI after the corruption case for former Louisiana Rep. William Jefferson, amid revelations that Guandolo had sexual relationships with agents and a government informant on the case. He has since been traveling the anti-Islam speech-making circuit, occasionally arguing that Muslims “do not have a First Amendment right to do anything.”

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2013, 08:34:57 pm »
No!  I didn't know that!!!!   A freaking Muslin running CIA is insane.
Even FDR would have known better than to have a Nazi in his cabinet.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2013, 09:19:33 pm »
As Salon reported, John Guandolo claimed last weekend that “Brennan did convert to Islam when he served in an official capacity on behalf of the United States when he served in Saudi Arabia” and it “was the culmination of a counterintelligence operation against him to recruit him” by foreign operatives.

All I can say is that I was working in Saudi Arabia myself when this occured and have no doubt whatever that it's true.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/137642#.UR1Unmf-iOI

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2010/05/20/obama_official_refers_to_jerusalem_by_islamist_name_speaks_in_arabic

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/05/27/counterterror-adviser-defends-jihad-legitimate-tenet-islam/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7VQbAhqHoAo
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 09:39:33 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2013, 01:08:03 am »
His actions over the years lend a lot of credence to his being Muslim... just look at his history:

His studies included a junior year abroad learning Arabic and taking Middle Eastern studies courses at the American University in Cairo.[3][6] He also received a Master of Arts in government with a concentration in Middle Eastern studies from the University of Texas at Austin in 1980.[6] He speaks Arabic fluently.[10]

This is a man who "reached the "highest rungs" of the CIA" how scary is THAT!  He was in  Saudi Arabia when the Khobar Towers bombing killed 19 of our servicemen. 

He worked at the CIA leading up to and after 911 - in other words worked for both Clinton and Bush and presidents before them...  his record working for Obama is so poor IMHO that there is no way he should be in charge of the CIA..... period.