Author Topic: Battle raging in Kapisa  (Read 838 times)

famousdayandyear

Battle raging in Kapisa
« on: February 14, 2013, 01:45:09 am »
http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=34154

Battle raging in Kapisa
February 13th, 2013

The Stars & Stripes is reporting that an unusually fierce battle is raging in the Kapisa Provence of Afghanistan near Kabul, the national capitol. A helicopter has crashed and while the Taliban is claiming that they shot it down, coalition officials claim that there was no one seriously injured.

Generally, fighting tails off in cold weather, when snow makes the harsh mountainous terrain hard to navigate. While violence is still down this winter, there has been steady fighting recently in the east and south of the country, according to operational reporting from the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force.

As of Wednesday, U.S. special forces had reported at least 16 insurgents killed in the Kapisa operation, along with three Afghan commandos.

I don’t suppose that the unusual intensity of the battle for this time of year wouldn’t have anything to do with the withdrawal of surge troops and the fact that we’re already shipping equipment out of Afghanistan coupled with the President’s announced intention to continue the withdrawal.

I know that, with this audience, I’m preaching to the choir, but remember that there’s still a war going on in our name and there are fearful youngsters breaking brush and kicking doors in our stead halfway around the world tonight.