Author Topic: Esquire Rolled By SEAL Story?  (Read 1065 times)

famousdayandyear

Esquire Rolled By SEAL Story?
« on: February 11, 2013, 06:21:35 pm »

http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=3409   
Esquire rolled?
February 11th, 2013

A couple of you have sent me the story from Esquire and Politico this morning that the SEAL who got bin Laden was destitute and forgotten by an ingrate nation. Here are some of the lines that jump out;

“My health care for me and my family stopped at midnight Friday night,” he said in the days after he left the service. “I asked if there was some transition from my Tricare to Blue Cross Blue Shield. They said no. You’re out of the service, your coverage is over. Thanks for your sixteen years. Go f-ck yourself.”

The man who killed Bin Laden does not receive pension, healthcare or family protection since he left the military, Bronstein writes.

But the Shooter will discover soon enough that when he leaves after sixteen years in the Navy, his body filled with scar tissue, arthritis, tendonitis, eye damage, and blown disks, here is what he gets from his employer and a grateful nation:

Nothing. No pension, no health care, and no protection for himself or his family.

Yeah, well, I’ve been told that you folks getting out of the service have five years of Tricare, whatever is left of it after this administration gets done with it. And that doesn’t include the Veterans Affairs stuff. All of those things would get him a service-connected rating, treatment and help for his family. And as TSO said; “…and he can grab a 200k job in about 4 seconds with DynCorps”.

So, I’m thinking that this Phil Bronstein, who happens to be the executive chairman of the Center for Investigative Reporting and wrote the article got rolled by someone, it looks like there were quite a few involved in the asshattery. If he wasn’t tricked by a phony, then the article he wrote sucked. Either way, I wouldn’t let him be the executive director of anything named for investigative journalism.

We can’t get the guy’s FOIA, because there’s no mention of his name – we’re just supposed to take Ol’ Phil’s word for it, but given his level of investigation thus far, I wouldn’t. If I’m wrong and this guy is a real deal SEAL and needs help, I have banks of folks standing by to help him, in case he’s the only person on the planet who doesn’t know what’s available to him and his family, from Congressional aides to VSOs – but he kinda sounds like another Leo Webb.

And, oh, his account of the shooting of bin Laden conflicts with Matt Bissonette’s account, too.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Esquire Rolled By SEAL Story?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 06:27:40 pm »
Yeah, well, I’ve been told that you folks getting out of the service have five years of Tricare

That's news to me.....???
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 07:09:25 pm »
Service related, yes for medical.

Otherwise 20 years to retire.

Same for at least 40 years that I know of, probably much longer.

If anybody knows different, I'm interested in the facts.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 07:21:31 pm »
Service related, yes for medical.

Otherwise 20 years to retire.

Same for at least 40 years that I know of, probably much longer.

If anybody knows different, I'm interested in the facts.

There is no TRICARE for him and his family...except for a couple of months as he is leaving, there is an *end* date....he does get VA benefits..I am sure that is what is meant.....I just asked our TRICARE rep...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34