Author Topic: WATCH: B-2 Stealth Bomber Refueled In Flight By KC-135  (Read 1447 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

famousdayandyear

Re: WATCH: B-2 Stealth Bomber Refueled In Flight By KC-135
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 02:54:17 am »
Wow!  What a post.  Thank you.
Up Close and Personal; Iceman Nerves!  What a great video.  Beautiful B-2

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 05:17:34 am »
Very nice.  The B-2 is a very, very strange looking duckling.  Who was it who was complaining about the bad rap the A-10 got in the looks department?  The B-2 makes the A-10 look like a GQ cover.

famousdayandyear

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 05:56:32 am »
Very nice.  The B-2 is a very, very strange looking duckling.  Who was it who was complaining about the bad rap the A-10 got in the looks department?  The B-2 makes the A-10 look like a GQ cover.

Wait a minute.  Nobody gives the A-10 a bad rap.  It's beautiful in form and function.  Come one.  It's an incredible "here I am, now I'm gone" flying acrobat built around a huge gatling gun.  Who could ask for more when a call goes out for close air support.  Brilliant!

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 06:23:10 am »
Wait a minute.  Nobody gives the A-10 a bad rap.  It's beautiful in form and function.  Come one.  It's an incredible "here I am, now I'm gone" flying acrobat built around a huge gatling gun.  Who could ask for more when a call goes out for close air support.  Brilliant!

I'm not saying it's ugly - I quite agree that it's a wonderful marriage of form and function; all I'm saying is that those who give it a bad rap for looks ain't seen nothing yet until they've seen a B-2.

I like the A-10!  In fact, I'd give it a "10"!

famousdayandyear

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 03:20:09 pm »
I'm not saying it's ugly - I quite agree that it's a wonderful marriage of form and function; all I'm saying is that those who give it a bad rap for looks ain't seen nothing yet until they've seen a B-2.

I like the A-10!  In fact, I'd give it a "10"!

Because I'm a Spinal Tap nerd, I give it an eleven!   :beer: :patriot: :seeya:

Offline Ford289HiPo

• Don't take life seriously; No one gets out alive
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 06:13:06 pm »

Wait a minute.  Nobody gives the A-10 a bad rap.  It's beautiful in form and function.  Come one.  It's an incredible "here I am, now I'm gone" flying acrobat built around a huge gatling gun. Who could ask for more when a call goes out for close air support.  Brilliant!

What Famous said! :patriot: :beer: The A10 is Brilliant! There is no finer ground support aircraft around. IMO- The assembly line should be retooled to produce them again.

Note: Back during the Balkans days, I was with a group that was sent to ETAC (Enlisted Terminal Air Controller) course. The Air Force told us they were going to replace all the A10's with F16's for ground support. We told them that they were crazy, and we'd kick their ever loving fourth-point-of-contact if they did that. F16's just can't loiter long enough, and that pathetic 20mm cannon they carry won't do the job. It's not all bombs and rockets.
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.

famousdayandyear

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 07:16:06 pm »
  The B-2 makes the A-10 look like a GQ cover.

Ocean, I'm jes messin wid ya.  But I like the B-2, too. Its stealthy snaky look says "mean and lean" all over.  I know it's beaucoup dollars--don't know so much how it earns its keep.  But it may be running into obselesence, with our UAV capabilities.  As always, enjoy and respect your POV