Author Topic: Does this ad cross you as controversial?  (Read 1396 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

Does this ad cross you as controversial?
« on: February 09, 2013, 07:16:02 am »
From Lars Larson:

Steve Vaus is a Grammy winning recording artist who you may know as Buck Howdy. He's been in the recording industry for years, and is, as he puts it, a rabid supporter of the second amendment. He decided to invest $25,000 of his own money to put a pro second amendment ad on the radio, and the stations in D.C. that he has approached have turned him away, saying that his message is "too controversial."

The ad, which is spoken only since its for radio, in its video format:

http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0oGdUL.9RVRUQwAkfOl87UF;_ylc=X1MDOTU4MTA0NjkEX3IDMgRhbwNhbwRjc3JjcHZpZANpenlqVjBvR2RFY3hJSk9QVVBNRzRRY3VSTGtsUUZFVjlmd0FBQ1FaBGZyA3NmcARmcjIDc2J0bgRuX2dwcwM4BG9yaWdpbgNzeWMEcHFzdHIDc3RldmUgdmF1cwRxdWVyeQNzdGV2ZSB2YXVzBHNhbwMyBHRvU3RyaW5nA1tvYmplY3QgT2JqZWN0XQR2dGVzdGlkA1ZJUDAyMg--?p=steve%20vaus&fr=sfp&pqstr=steve%20vaus [scroll down to the pic of Diane Feinstein and "come and take it]

So whatcha think? Is it too "controversial"?

Oh, and God bless Texas.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 07:17:32 am by Cincinnatus »
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Re: Does this ad cross you as controversial?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 01:22:07 pm »
The Gonzales affair was a precursor to the Alamo.  In fact the Gonzales cannon ended up at the Alamo and was ultimately captured by the Mexicans and later melted down.  Hopefully, our defense of our freedoms will turn out better than that.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 01:45:52 pm »
Vic, have you ever gone to see The Alamo presentation at the IMAX in downtown San Antonio?

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 01:58:29 pm »
Vic, have you ever gone to see The Alamo presentation at the IMAX in downtown San Antonio?

No, but I've been to the Alamo a few times and taken the guided tour.  And don't worry, I haven't forgotten it.  I know it's very important to REMEMBER THE ALAMO!  :silly:

famousdayandyear

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 02:08:17 pm »
So whatcha think? Is it too "controversial"?

Yes, I liked the commercial a lot.
No, I do not think it is too "controversial".  I think is is JUST RIGHT!