Author Topic: NAVY UNABLE TO REFUEL CARRIER DUE TO BUDGET CUTS...  (Read 797 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
NAVY UNABLE TO REFUEL CARRIER DUE TO BUDGET CUTS...
« on: February 08, 2013, 05:09:38 PM »

Support the USO

famousdayandyear

Re: NAVY UNABLE TO REFUEL CARRIER DUE TO BUDGET CUTS...
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 06:18:23 PM »
Myst, this has got to be the lowest BS published info re our carrier force I have ever read.  There has got to be an angle here.  The Navy command structure would never allow the fleet to deteriorate into such dire conditions as we have been reading about lately. There must be a naval force battle ready in the Gulf; in the Med; in the Pac; and Atlantic.  This is the #1 priority of our federal government.  This sounds like some UN New World Order propaganda.  Plus, I don't trust USNI.  So maybe just me, but all the News about naval unreadiness really gets to me big time.  JMHO.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 06:30:03 PM »
Myst, this has got to be the lowest BS published info re our carrier force I have ever read.  There has got to be an angle here.  The Navy command structure would never allow the fleet to deteriorate into such dire conditions as we have been reading about lately. There must be a naval force battle ready in the Gulf; in the Med; in the Pac; and Atlantic.  This is the #1 priority of our federal government.  This sounds like some UN New World Order propaganda.  Plus, I don't trust USNI.  So maybe just me, but all the News about naval unreadiness really gets to me big time.  JMHO.

Famous.....let me preface by saying that I yield to your firsthand knowledge and experience as a military veteran.

IMO, believing we already a superior naval presence in he Gulf....is believing in unicorns.

I'd rather believe that if need be, we could already wipe out targets as large as major cities from orbit.

We already have drones that can drop a missile in your front door....fired by a person sitting at a console halfway around the world.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 06:32:01 PM »
I understand the need for carriers....but let's face it.   

With the technology out there....and probably already available to the Chinese, the USA NAVY is vulnerable and/or obsolete.   At least above the surface of the water.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

famousdayandyear

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 06:50:03 PM »
DC, you are probably right about future capabilities--I sure hope so; and I hope whatever capabilities we have are NOT PUBLISHED BY USNI.
I still believe we need the capability to deploy ground troops (Marine Expeditionary Forces) and provide anti-sub assets, particularly in the Gulf and Med.

And I am not by any means a military veteran; sadly I cannot include myself in that proud and honorable group.  Simply from a military family, a daughter of the confederacy; and am an admirer, and I hope defender, of our national treasure. 

famousdayandyear

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 06:53:26 PM »
DC. Another thought.
If what you say is true, why is USNI publishing information about our supposed "deficiencies"?  Why not stay silent about our readiness?  Is is just to spread some fear around?  Some disinformation?

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
    • Auktion Online
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 07:00:41 PM »
DC. Another thought.
If what you say is true, why is USNI publishing information about our supposed "deficiencies"?  Why not stay silent about our readiness?  Is is just to spread some fear around?  Some disinformation?

It's a blatant attempt to instill fear in Republicans and get them to back off supporting the sequester.
"She only coughs when she lies."

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2013, 07:24:33 PM »
It's a blatant attempt to instill fear in Republicans and get them to back off supporting the sequester.

That's it in a nutshell.

Obama's style of governance is to keep us in a state of perpetual crisis......one after another.

....while the other hand is doing all the crimes.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf