Author Topic: Panetta To Recommend Troops Have Their Pay Cut…  (Read 2150 times)

famousdayandyear

Panetta To Recommend Troops Have Their Pay Cut…
« on: February 06, 2013, 05:34:56 pm »
http://weaselzippers.us/2013/02/06/panetta-to-recommend-troops-have-their-pay-cut/

Panetta To Recommend Troops Have Their Pay Cut…

Of all the things to cut, troops pay should be dead last.

Via CNN:

Just days before he leaves office, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta is recommending military pay be limited, effectively decreasing troop salaries next year.

Panetta will recommend to Congress that military salaries be limited to a 1% increase in 2014. The Pentagon has calculated that the Labor Department’s 2014 Employment Cost Index is expected to be above 1% but wants to still cut back on pay because of “budget uncertainties,” a department official told CNN. In 2013, a 1.7% increase was approved, based on the index, which has been the basis for military pay for the last several years.

Three Pentagon officials have confirmed details of the plan to CNN. The Joint Chiefs of Staff have also agreed to Panetta’s proposed pay plan. Final approval for the pay would come from Congress in the form of the 2014 budget.

The recommendation is tied to the Defense Department’s 2014 budget recommendation, which was expected to be sent to Congress this month, one of the officials said. But the officials acknowledge it is going to be seen as an effort to push Congress to stop the automatic budget cuts that could go into effect if no deal is reached on spending reductions.

ZIP | February 6, 2013 12:14 pm |

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Panetta To Recommend Troops Have Their Pay Cut…
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 05:53:12 pm »
This is an outrage!  I'm not hearing any talk about welfare benefits being cut, or any of a myriad of federal grants I keep reading that local groups are getting.  God, how I hate these people!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 05:54:25 pm by alicewonders »
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 06:01:44 pm »
F'k them all..I am so sick of this shit!...this affects my son and I guess us retirees...the troops are always the ones who have to suffer.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 06:06:23 pm »
This is an outrage!  I'm not hearing any talk about welfare benefits being cut, or any of a myriad of federal grants I keep reading that local groups are getting.  God, how I hate these people!

Right...make sure all thos f'king dead beats get their COLA's and checks....those who are on guard...screw them!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 06:18:43 pm »

I've got a better idea! How about we cut Pannetta's salary? To ZERO!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

famousdayandyear

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 06:38:31 pm »
F'k them all..I am so sick of this shit!...this affects my son and I guess us retirees...the troops are always the ones who have to suffer.

Myst, I share your disgust.  Panetta is a long time communist wannabe from Santa Cruz California--Moscow West.  He was my congressman when I lived there 30 YEARS AGO.  The only thing I can do now is focus on whatever local politics I can help change.  My Senators and congressman basically anyone in DC ignores us.   And I think Carl Rove should be hung in the public square.  By the way, your son is in my prayers as well as you and yours, and all in the military.  Skeeter is bound and determined to destroy our national defense capability--brick by brick.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 06:45:22 pm »
Myst, I share your disgust.  Panetta is a long time communist wannabe from Santa Cruz California--Moscow West.  He was my congressman when I lived there 30 YEARS AGO.  The only thing I can do now is focus on whatever local politics I can help change.  My Senators and congressman basically anyone in DC ignores us.   And I think Carl Rove should be hung in the public square.  By the way, your son is in my prayers as well as you and yours, and all in the military.  Skeeter is bound and determined to destroy our national defense capability--brick by brick.

Thanks famous...our troops need our prayers more than ever.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2013, 08:26:20 pm »
http://weaselzippers.us/2013/02/06/panetta-to-recommend-troops-have-their-pay-cut/

Panetta To Recommend Troops Have Their Pay Cut – Update: Set To Pay For Benefits Of Military Members Gay Partners…

Of all the things to cut, troops pay should be dead last.

Via CNN:

Just days before he leaves office, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta is recommending military pay be limited, effectively decreasing troop salaries next year.

Panetta will recommend to Congress that military salaries be limited to a 1% increase in 2014. The Pentagon has calculated that the Labor Department’s 2014 Employment Cost Index is expected to be above 1% but wants to still cut back on pay because of “budget uncertainties,” a department official told CNN. In 2013, a 1.7% increase was approved, based on the index, which has been the basis for military pay for the last several years.

Three Pentagon officials have confirmed details of the plan to CNN. The Joint Chiefs of Staff have also agreed to Panetta’s proposed pay plan. Final approval for the pay would come from Congress in the form of the 2014 budget.

The recommendation is tied to the Defense Department’s 2014 budget recommendation, which was expected to be sent to Congress this month, one of the officials said. But the officials acknowledge it is going to be seen as an effort to push Congress to stop the automatic budget cuts that could go into effect if no deal is reached on spending reductions.

Update: Warped sense of priorities.

WASHINGTON (AP) — The military is poised to extend some benefits to the same-sex partners of service members, U.S. officials said Tuesday, about 16 months after the Pentagon repealed its ban on openly gay service.

Defense Secretary Leon Panetta has not made a final decision on which benefits will be included, the officials said, but the Pentagon is likely to allow same-sex partners to have access to the on-base commissary and other military subsidized stores, as well as some health and welfare programs.

Panetta must walk a fine, legal line. While there has been increased pressure on the Pentagon to extend some benefits to same-sex partners, defense officials must be careful not to violate the 1996 Defense of Marriage Act, or DOMA. The federal law forbids the federal government from recognizing any marriage other than those between a man and a woman.
Support the USO

famousdayandyear

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2013, 08:35:08 pm »
God, these idiot, hypocritical fascist vermin in charge of our military--our troops, our treasure--get so twisted in the crap they themselves generate.  They make me vomit.  God help those men of honor who continue to serve and sacrifice for us.   I believe deep down that military men who honor their oath of service will not tolerate these fools--like Panetta--much longer.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2013, 08:48:15 pm »
Yep... cut Panetta's pay... Obama and Biden, too.......
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline happyg

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2013, 11:20:32 pm »

Same here. I have a son and two grandsons in the military. I "slip" the grandsons money whenever they are around, because I know how rough they have it. This is a disgrace on our country. You don't thank a kid for risking his life, by telling him he makes too much money.

Offline Ford289HiPo

• Don't take life seriously; No one gets out alive
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2013, 12:54:09 am »
Didn't (non-military) federal employees just get a pay raise? How freaking hypocritical.

This administration always attacks those who either earned their benefits (military) or those who were forced to pay into a government ponzi scheme their entire working lives (S.S.). I wonder when these two sizable groups will take a stand?
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2013, 02:41:41 am »
http://washingtonexaminer.com/panetta-to-propose-military-pay-cut-after-obama-raised-federal-officials-pay/article/2520741

Panetta to propose military pay cut after Obama raised federal officials pay
February 6, 2013 | 1:24 pm | Modified: February 6, 2013 at 1:38 pm

Joel Gehrke
Commentary Writer
The Washington Examiner

Outgoing Defense Secretary Leon Panetta reportedly believes the military should receive a pay cut in order to respond to the budget cuts facing the Pentagon — a position that might strengthen the Republican push to reverse President Obama’s executive order raising the salary of Vice President Joe Biden and other federal officials.

“Panetta will recommend to Congress that military salaries be limited to a one percent increase in 2014,” CNN reports, explaining that Panetta is “effectively decreasing troop salaries next year . . . The decision comes as the secretary is stepping up the rhetoric about dire cuts at the Pentagon if sequestration goes into effect.”

The debate about sequestration did not stop Obama from ending a pay freeze for some government officials, effectively authorizing a pay raise that costs $11 billion.

“The President’s pay hike even increases the salary for federal employees who receive poor performance reviews from their own supervisors,” House Oversight and Government Reform Committee chairman Darrell Issa, R-Calif., said when a group of lawmakers proposed legislation to reverse the pay increase. “As President Obama continues to say one thing and do another on deficit spending, it is appropriate for Congress to challenge his unilateral decision to spend $11 billion on non-merit based pay raises for federal workers.”
Support the USO

Offline Relic

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2013, 03:11:44 pm »

Liberals are the enemy, and the ARE EVIL.

I'm so let down by the stupid, inattentive American public.

famousdayandyear

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2013, 12:54:29 am »
This soulless 'man' has the audacity to lie and cover for Hillary and the creep in the WH, while traveling 'home' every weekend to coastal California at taxpayer expense, and the RECOMMEND PAY CUTS for our military heroes who give all for his friggin freedom.  May he burn in hell

Offline Ford289HiPo

• Don't take life seriously; No one gets out alive
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2013, 03:34:49 am »
This soulless 'man' has the audacity to lie and cover for Hillary and the creep in the WH, while traveling 'home' every weekend to coastal California at taxpayer expense, and the RECOMMEND PAY CUTS for our military heroes who give all for his friggin freedom.  May he burn in hell

You are too nice. Personally, I would like to do worse than let him burn. I would throw on a bit more gasoline.
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2013, 04:08:12 am »
Here's a thought. Give the troops their proper pay rise and cut Congress and the Senate's to balance the books.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink