Author Topic: Resistance to Obama Has Melted Away  (Read 2198 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Resistance to Obama Has Melted Away
« on: February 05, 2013, 08:33:14 pm »
Resistance to Obama Has Melted Away
February 05, 2013

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Look, folks, I really don't like being a "see, I told you so." I mean, I know I do it a lot 'cause it happens a lot, and I used to even have a little jingle with it. "Nah-nah-nah-nah-nah-nah! See, I Told You So," because it used to be somewhat unique. Now it's not difficult at all. It is important, however. I do, when relevant, like to remind you of things that you've heard in the past on this program that you may have forgotten, things that I've said. Here's a story that leads into my point.

Washington Examiner, here's the headline: "Kasich's Cave on Obamacare Shows How Hard it is to Beat Big Government -- Ohio Gov. John Kasich, who campaigned as a limited-government Republican," and he used to be a big-time limited-government Republican when he was a member of the 1994 House freshman class. He presided over the budget committee that actually did balance the budget one time. Kasich has walked the walk as well as talked the talk. But here now is this story:

"Ohio Gov. John Kasich ... on Monday announced that he would implement one of the costliest provisions of President Obama's health care law by expanding the state's Medicaid program. His decision, a huge victory for the White House that will provide cover for more Republican governors to do the same, serves as a great case study on how difficult it is to impede the growth of government. When Obamacare was making its way through Congress in 2009 and 2010, the proposed expansion of Medicaid was one of its most controversial elements.

"As things stood, the program was crushing state budgets, so governors in both parties feared that expanding it to 15 million to 18 million beneficial," the so-called uninsured, "would be unsustainable. Then Sen. Ben Nelson was infamously given the 'Cornhusker Kickback' -- expanded federal funding for Medicaid to Nebraska -- to win help secure the 60th vote to get Obamacare through the Senate. The backlash against the 'Cornhusker Kickback' cemented the idea in the public consciousness that the process used to pass Obamacare was corrupt," and as you recall that "helped elect Scott Brown to the Senate in Massachusetts and added fuel to the Tea Party.

"Ultimately, [members of Congress] substituted the special Medicaid treatment for Nebraska in favor of increased federal funding for all states instead. Under the law, the federal government will pay 100% of the cost of the Medicaid expansion at first, and then 90% after 2020. This comes at a cost to federal taxpayers -- $932 billion over a decade," and it's going to be more than that, "according to the Congressional Budget Office. To be clear, that's if all states participate." Just to give you a little history on this: "But last year, 26 states led by Florida won a suit challenging the federal government for coercing states into the Medicaid expansion and the Supreme Court left states with the option of rejecting it.

much more at:  http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2013/02/05/resistance_to_obama_has_melted_away

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 08:33:37 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

famousdayandyear

Re: Resistance to Obama Has Melted Away
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 08:39:11 pm »
I listened today......he sounded a bit "juiced up" to me in between the sniffles

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 08:50:44 pm »
I listened today......he sounded a bit "juiced up" to me in between the sniffles

Did you hear him predict something...a single event...can have it all come crashing down on THEM. 

,,,to turn the tide against them.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

famousdayandyear

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 09:03:22 pm »
Did you hear him predict something...a single event...can have it all come crashing down on THEM. 

,,,to turn the tide against them.

Yes.  I tried to make some sense of his 'wisdom' today.  But to me, he was all over the place. Shuck and jive until he lucked into a fairly intelligent caller.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 09:06:54 pm »
Yes.  I tried to make some sense of his 'wisdom' today.  But to me, he was all over the place. Shuck and jive until he lucked into a fairly intelligent caller.

Yep.....like he was 'distracted'.   Not into it.

Did you see where "Sylvia" got by Snerdly and harassed him.  He cut her off [too quickly] and then went to a break.  Called her a Seminar Caller.

He's so afraid of making unfavorable headlines.....he doesn't want to become THE story.

It's not safe for him.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 09:26:22 pm »
This is the Prolonged Detention a.k.a. Indefinite Detention program the caller was talking about.

Obama wants the ability to imprision anyone deemed to be a threat to his authority for as long as he deems necessary without trial or representation, just like any other thug dictator around the world.

As the caller said, this proposal was so outrageous that even Maddow couldn't swallow it. And that is saying a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8J_lcHwkvc
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Relic

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2013, 11:38:22 pm »

Is it just me hearing it, or is he constantly sucking on a cough droop or something?
It's very annoying. I turned him off the last two days because of it.

famousdayandyear

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 11:46:41 pm »
Is it just me hearing it, or is he constantly sucking on a cough droop or something?

No, it is NOT JUST YOU.  He has developed a very loud voice, constant runny nose, a disheveled manner, and a rambling discourse sometimes without a thread of logic.  It seems to me he is "on" something -- a med? -- something.  The sloppy verbal sounds you are hearing maybe a cigar he insists on talking through.  In short, after a few minutes I turn him off.  Seems out of control.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2013, 12:08:51 am »
No, it is NOT JUST YOU.  He has developed a very loud voice, constant runny nose, a disheveled manner, and a rambling discourse sometimes without a thread of logic.  It seems to me he is "on" something -- a med? -- something.  The sloppy verbal sounds you are hearing maybe a cigar he insists on talking through.  In short, after a few minutes I turn him off.  Seems out of control.

Hate the cigar in mouth ramble. Whaaa Iaa sayyin aah is aathataa... Can't stand it. It is sloppy and disrespectful to his listeners. At least it seems he has stopped pushing tea on everyone.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

famousdayandyear

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2013, 12:15:28 am »
Hate the cigar in mouth ramble. Whaaa Iaa sayyin aah is aathataa... Can't stand it. It is sloppy and disrespectful to his listeners. At least it seems he has stopped pushing tea on everyone.

It is rude.  His profound deafness may contribute to the problems--hope his staff is able to provide appropriate feedback to him

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2013, 12:20:54 am »

No...he said that he ran into a cigar that was extremely hard to draw upon.....and he was deciding if he should just go get another one.

"But it tastes sooooo good!"   ...........

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2013, 12:25:39 am »
Still love my Rush Limbaugh.

Just wish that he didn't narrate all the sponsors' ads.   The only professional radio spots you hear on his show now are the regional commercials.

And the last hour is unbearable to listen to....too many damned products he's endorsing.  Virtually no meaningful content anymore.