Author Topic: Rise Of The Preppers: 50 Of The Best Prepper Websites And Blogs On The Internet  (Read 1773 times)

Offline AbaraXas

• Just a nobody
  • Social Media Advisor
  • Just a nobody
Never delude yourself into thinking you're "influencing" or making a difference on the internet. It is an ephemeral pleasure.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Wow!  Thanks for posting this, can't wait to go through them.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Itchy yet?
Nice list!

I would add Backwoods Home magazine to the list.
Anyone who tells you you can't buy happiness has never been in a book store or an animal shelter.

You are the result of 3 billion years of evolutionary success. Act like it.

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Ford289HiPo

• Don't take life seriously; No one gets out alive
I'm familiar with several of those sites from the posts by "Kartographer" and "blam" on the site that shall remain unmentioned.

Another great site for those who are on FaceBook:

https://www.facebook.com/BillyJoesFoodFarm?fref=ts

If you can overlook the liberal attitudes, Mother Earth News also has good articles on prepping and living off hte grid.
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Online EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Itchy yet?
Can anyone vouche for these MREs?

http://www.essentialpacks.com/long-term-emergency-food/

They are way overpriced for what you get. Plus they tend to taste like damp cardboard with a hint of fungus.

2000 calories per day? You are going to be burning through at least 3 times that in an emergency. I'm always mildly dubious about MRE's - eaten enough of them.
Anyone who tells you you can't buy happiness has never been in a book store or an animal shelter.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Long term storage seems like the key in getting MRE's. The longer they last the more expensive they are.  :chairbang:

I posted this before your reply, EC.

I think you're correct they are very expensive.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 11:24:14 AM by Gazoo »
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Online EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Itchy yet?
Long term storage seems like the key in getting MRE's. The longer they last the more expensive they are.  :chairbang:

I can give you a quick and dirty storage that will last 25 years and cost you a fraction of the price.

Grab yourself a couple of five gallon buckets with well sealing lids. Food grade doesn't matter - the food isn't going to be touching the bucket. I actually use paint cans (well washed) that I get for free from one of the local builders.

Into each bucket, put 3lbs rice, 2 lbs flour, dehydrated mushroom, 2 lb lentils, 2 lb dried potato flakes, prefried onions, powdered milk and eggs, dried shrimp, a sealed pack of beef jerky, and dried tomatoes  - all either vacuum sealed or in ziploc baggies with all the air squeezed out.

Then add several tins of veggies (in water), a few tins corned beef, a couple tins of beans in water, some tuna (in oil, not brine) and a jar of peanut butter. Add in a small can of ghee, a pill bottle of multi vitamins and a few silica gel packets and seal. You are good to go. A bucket will last for roughly 3 days for a family of 4 without foraging and will cost you no more than $30.

I use smaller paint cans to hold things like candles, tea lights, matches, water purification tablets, poolshock. And yes - there is an entire can full of vacuum packed sweets.

Offline Ford289HiPo

• Don't take life seriously; No one gets out alive
I don't know about <$30 with beef jerky, unless you make your own. That stuff is expensive now-a-days.
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.

Online EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Itchy yet?
I don't know about <$30 with beef jerky, unless you make your own. That stuff is expensive now-a-days.

I do tend to make my own. Way cheaper to get a scrag end or a reduced to clear beef joint and do it yourself, since the dehydrator is there and waiting to be used.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf