Author Topic: Tennessee dog dies Thursday because he is 'gay'  (Read 1756 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Tennessee dog dies Thursday because he is 'gay'
« on: January 31, 2013, 05:17:31 am »
http://www.examiner.com/article/tennessee-dog-dies-thursday-because-he-is-gay

Tennessee dog dies Thursday because he is 'gay'

January 30, 2013
    By: Penny Eims

Just when you think that you have heard it all, along comes an excuse that completely boggles the mind.

Tomorrow, a dog, name unknown, will be put to death at an overcrowded animal control in Jackson, Tenn., after his owner surrendered him there because he believes that his dog is "gay."

According to the prior owner, the dog was seen "hunched over," another male dog, therefore, in this owner's mind, the dog must be gay.

The former owner apparently does not know that "hunched over, aka humping behavior" is typically a sign of dominance in dogs, rather than something to signify a dog's sexual orientation.

But, on the other hand, even if it did indicate sexual orientation, does it warrant turning one's dog over to an extremely crowded, sadly "high kill," animal control facility?

Should it matter?

No.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Tennessee dog dies Thursday because he is 'gay'
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 09:48:58 pm »
The former owner apparently does not know that "hunched over, aka humping behavior" is typically a sign of dominance in dogs, rather than something to signify a dog's sexual orientation.
I believe in the human world, that's called rape.

But hey, dogs rape each other, so it must be normal, right?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 10:19:44 pm »
You'd think in this current day and age, when gay rights is all the rage....that somebody will adopt him.

In fact I'll give 2-1 odds.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 02:53:19 am »
http://www.examiner.com/article/gay-dog-saved-animal-s-euthanasia-halted-thanks-to-facebook

'Gay' dog saved: Animal's euthanasia halted thanks to Facebook

....too easy.    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline olde north church

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 11:37:46 pm »
I think the owner should be euthanized, he's obviously a nitwit.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 12:32:51 am »

This story sounds a little bit too set up for my tastes. I would like to have more background on the owner, especially HIS sexual orientation.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Rodrigo

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2013, 04:55:12 am »
Among animals there is no homosexuality.  It is only among humans who use sight for sexual stimulation.  Animals use smell.

When the female goes into estrus, she produces an odor that attracts all males in the area who then fight it out.  If they attempt to breed her too soon, she will fight them off till she is at her estrus height, then allow the male to do the job.  Then the smell fades away.

I've raised cattle, horses, hogs, dogs, cats.  It is always the same.  For there to be a GAY DOG, another male dog has to produce the smell of estrus.  Since they don't have the equipment, they can't produce the scent.

Only HUMANS use sight.    Real men like to look at shapely women, not other men.  If men were like animals, Playboy would come with a "scratch and sniff" card instead of a centerfold.  That makes gays perverts.  You can't make them accepted just by changing the medical term for perversion.