Author Topic: Gross. UAE Forgot to Add Adequate Sewage System to World’s Tallest Building – All Poop Must Be Trucked Out  (Read 2876 times)

famousdayandyear

Gross. UAE Forgot to Add Adequate Sewage System to World’s Tallest Building – All Poop Must Be Trucked Out (Video)
Posted by Jim Hoft on Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 3:18 PM

Nice central planning.
The world’s tallest building, the Burj Khalifa in Abu Dhabi, was not built with an adequate sewage system. All of the human waste in the 829 meter tall building has to be removed by trucks.

Gizmodo reported:

Today I learned something that also defies belief: all the poop produced there has to be removed by trucks.

Let’s do the math here. The Burj Khalifa has 163 habitable floors. It’s designed to hold 35,000 people at any given time. Now, humans produce 100 to 250 grams (3 to 8 ounces) of feces per day. Let’s say 200 in this case, since these people are well fed. That’s 7,000,000 grams per day. Seven tonnes of poop per day. Now, add human-produced liquids (pee, bathing, cleaning their teeth…) and the water to push the poop down its miles of sewage pipes. I think a very conservative total would be 15 tonnes of sewage per day.

That’s a lot of poop.

And all of it has to be removed by trucks. The trucks take all this poop to a sewage treatement facility outside of the city. It’s the same with most skyscrapers in Dubai, according to Kate Ascher, author of The Heights. Talking to Fresh Air’s Terry Gross, Kate said that these trucks are in a permanent line waiting to get into the sewage treatment plant, waiting up to 24 hours before they can unload their crap.

The trucks have to wait for hours before they can dump their crap outside of town.
Maybe they should have thought of this before they started building

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImELRjszEyg&feature=player_embedded

Oceander

I couldn't help chuckling at this one.  The Tower of Babylon comes to mind, only this time it's the endless poop that brings it down.

Offline mountaineer

What a load of crap. No, really.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline olde north church

It's actually not that all uncommon with skyscrapers.  I was watching HGTV's House Hunters International from Brazil and the toilets can only handle the package but not the wrapping.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online andy58-in-nh

Flush twice... it's a long way to the Caliphate.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
But I thought Arabs claimed to have invented mathematics???
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Online andy58-in-nh

Maybe. But evidently, they don't know the first thing about shit.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Lando Lincoln

There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Arabs were very mathematical, analytical, inventive, philosophical, and scientific, but all of that was before Islam. Once they all became Muslims they became murderous backward primitives obsessed with waging war on the whole world.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Arabs were very mathematical, analytical, inventive, philosophical, and scientific, but all of that was before Islam. Once they all became Muslims they became murderous backward primitives obsessed with waging war on the whole world.

That is a sobering thought...because if that kind of Dark Age can happen to them, it can happen to Americans too.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Relic

That is a sobering thought...because if that kind of Dark Age can happen to them, it can happen to Americans too.

I hate the thought that I'm right, but it's what I've been saying, and I'm expecting. There is a New Dark Ages in the world's near future.

Online andy58-in-nh

True. It is ironic that the people who once gave names to the stars in the heavens, and who pioneered techniques of modern chemistry now seek to deny all knowledge external to the Qu'ran and to vanquish all people who dare to question or disagree. 

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Islam is against science and modernity. It is a religion of warlords. Islmaists actually hate intelligence and progress and you can understand why. Mohammed knew that intelligent, educated, people would see him as a pedophile fool and his stupid book as a recipe for murder and death. Therefore, he resorted to murder and extreme violence to push his philosophies on the world and banned science and education. The common saying in Islam is, 'Everything I need to know is in the Koran. Nothing else matters.' (and i will kill you if you disagree with me)

Since the advent of Islam, Muslim nations have become stuck in a philosophy and lifestyle better suited to 600 to 700 A.D. Everything modern in every Islamic nation came from the West. Without the Western world to babysit them, Muslims would still be riding around on camels and donkeys and living in tents while killing each other and everyone else for Allah every day. They do nothing. They invent nothing. Without oil, they would be nothing.

Egypt, Babylonia, and Persia, were once global centers of trade, math, science, and philosophy. Muhammed and Islam erased all of that. Now they are poor, primitive, starving, people, living in filth and squalor. They really are in a Dark Age, and have been for over a thousand years.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
My guess is that the municipal sewer system can't handle the volume from this big, new building.

Or that the products of the big, new building were intentionally designed to be hauled away by truck, until a later time when the municipal system has sufficient volume capacity.

The mid-east has been sending students to The West study engineering for decades. They still cannot repair and maintain their refineries, however.

Iran is a net importer of gasoline, because they cannot maintain the refineries which western firms' engineers built for them.

Maybe the poop faux paux falls into that crappy scenario.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln