Author Topic:  (Read 1660 times)

famousdayandyear

« on: January 30, 2013, 10:46:15 PM »

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 11:22:41 PM »
I couldn't help chuckling at this one.  The Tower of Babylon comes to mind, only this time it's the endless poop that brings it down.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 08:54:31 AM »
What a load of crap. No, really.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 12:47:46 PM »
It's actually not that all uncommon with skyscrapers.  I was watching HGTV's House Hunters International from Brazil and the toilets can only handle the package but not the wrapping.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 12:53:32 PM »
Flush twice... it's a long way to the Caliphate.
Liberalism isn't really about making the world a better place. It's about reassuring the elites that they are good people for wanting to rule over it.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 01:10:38 PM »
But I thought Arabs claimed to have invented mathematics???
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 01:19:01 PM »

Maybe. But evidently, they don't know the first thing about shit.
Liberalism isn't really about making the world a better place. It's about reassuring the elites that they are good people for wanting to rule over it.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 01:23:44 PM »
Shit, said the engineer.
For the progressive, there is very little to love about the United States. Washington, Jefferson, Madison? A bunch of rotten slaveholders, hypocrites, and cowards even when their hearts were in the right places. The Declaration of Independence? A manifesto for the propertied classes. The Constitution? An artifact of sexism and white supremacy. The sacrifices in the great wars of the 20th century? Feeding the poor and the disenfranchised into the meat-grinder of imperialism. The gifts of Carnegie, Rockefeller, Vanderbilt, Morgan, Astor? Blood money from self-aggrandizing robber barons. Nat Rev

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 01:31:13 PM »

Arabs were very mathematical, analytical, inventive, philosophical, and scientific, but all of that was before Islam. Once they all became Muslims they became murderous backward primitives obsessed with waging war on the whole world.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 01:34:01 PM »
Arabs were very mathematical, analytical, inventive, philosophical, and scientific, but all of that was before Islam. Once they all became Muslims they became murderous backward primitives obsessed with waging war on the whole world.

That is a sobering thought...because if that kind of Dark Age can happen to them, it can happen to Americans too.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Relic

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2013, 01:51:41 PM »
That is a sobering thought...because if that kind of Dark Age can happen to them, it can happen to Americans too.

I hate the thought that I'm right, but it's what I've been saying, and I'm expecting. There is a New Dark Ages in the world's near future.

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2013, 02:03:41 PM »

True. It is ironic that the people who once gave names to the stars in the heavens, and who pioneered techniques of modern chemistry now seek to deny all knowledge external to the Qu'ran and to vanquish all people who dare to question or disagree. 

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2013, 02:09:03 PM »

Islam is against science and modernity. It is a religion of warlords. Islmaists actually hate intelligence and progress and you can understand why. Mohammed knew that intelligent, educated, people would see him as a pedophile fool and his stupid book as a recipe for murder and death. Therefore, he resorted to murder and extreme violence to push his philosophies on the world and banned science and education. The common saying in Islam is, 'Everything I need to know is in the Koran. Nothing else matters.' (and i will kill you if you disagree with me)

Since the advent of Islam, Muslim nations have become stuck in a philosophy and lifestyle better suited to 600 to 700 A.D. Everything modern in every Islamic nation came from the West. Without the Western world to babysit them, Muslims would still be riding around on camels and donkeys and living in tents while killing each other and everyone else for Allah every day. They do nothing. They invent nothing. Without oil, they would be nothing.

Egypt, Babylonia, and Persia, were once global centers of trade, math, science, and philosophy. Muhammed and Islam erased all of that. Now they are poor, primitive, starving, people, living in filth and squalor. They really are in a Dark Age, and have been for over a thousand years.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
    • The place where argument addicts can go
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2013, 02:46:31 PM »
My guess is that the municipal sewer system can't handle the volume from this big, new building.

Or that the products of the big, new building were intentionally designed to be hauled away by truck, until a later time when the municipal system has sufficient volume capacity.

The mid-east has been sending students to The West study engineering for decades. They still cannot repair and maintain their refineries, however.

Iran is a net importer of gasoline, because they cannot maintain the refineries which western firms' engineers built for them.

Maybe the poop faux paux falls into that crappy scenario.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf