Author Topic: Push for all younger women to register with Selective Service gaining steam  (Read 813 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator

Support the USO

Offline Ford289HiPo

• Don't take life seriously; No one gets out alive
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.

Offline Cincinnatus

I believe the move to register for the draft combined with the movement to allow women to enroll in combat units is but the first step in requiring all women to serve in combat units.

The Left always thinks long term and starts by taking little pieces. After the first step in their goals is achieved, then comes the second which, because the first was accepted, becomes more palatable. Slowly, over time, the entire enchilada is swallowed and by the time we Conservatives wake up to what is going on it's too late.

The same tactic has and is being used with gun control, with policy regarding homosexuals, and so on. Now it is being utilized to force our wives and daughters to serve in the front lines.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline andy58-in-nh

I'll let my daughter register for involuntary military service at the same time I let the government confiscate my guns: never.

I will not comply.

Ever.
Liberalism isn't really about making the world a better place. It's about reassuring the elites that they are good people for wanting to rule over it.

Offline Cincinnatus

I'll let my daughter register for involuntary military service at the same time I let the government confiscate my guns: never.

Andy, I feel the same way about my daighters but also my sons. I do not want the latter serving in a military under its current leadership (not just Obama) and risking life and limb in the no win, pointless wars we constantly get into.

My heart bleeds every time I see a casualty list for Afghanistan or read about some sevice member maimed and injured when I know we are scheduled soon to tuck our tail between our legs and leave there, while the Taliban licks its chops and waits.

If our our own country were threatened, and we intended to crush whoever is the aggressor, hell, even I would volunteer; and I am more than a bit over the hill. But our military policy since Korea, with rare exceptions, has been to waste lives and money for no discernible goal. I do not want any of my children to be a part of that.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline andy58-in-nh

Andy, I feel the same way about my daughters but also my sons. I do not want the latter serving in a military under its current leadership (not just Obama) and risking life and limb in the no win, pointless wars we constantly get into.

My heart bleeds every time I see a casualty list for Afghanistan or read about some service member maimed and injured when I know we are scheduled soon to tuck our tail between our legs and leave there, while the Taliban licks its chops and waits.

If our our own country were threatened, and we intended to crush whoever is the aggressor, hell, even I would volunteer; and I am more than a bit over the hill. But our military policy since Korea, with rare exceptions, has been to waste lives and money for no discernible goal. I do not want any of my children to be a part of that.

Agree 100%.

I will fight for my country, any time, any place.

Obama's version of "America" is not my country.
Liberalism isn't really about making the world a better place. It's about reassuring the elites that they are good people for wanting to rule over it.

Offline Ford289HiPo

• Don't take life seriously; No one gets out alive
But our military policy since Korea, with rare exceptions, has been to waste lives and money for no discernible goal. I do not want any of my children to be a part of that.

I would say since WW2. What "war" have we actually won since then? (Grenada and Panama were basically live-fire ARTEP's and GW1 didn't end until 2003).
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf