Author Topic: Special ops to feel budget pain, leaders say  (Read 630 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Special ops to feel budget pain, leaders say
« on: January 29, 2013, 08:26:07 PM »

Support the USO

famousdayandyear

Re: Special ops to feel budget pain, leaders say
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 08:52:02 PM »
Eyes on Adm William McRaven.  He's too expert and accomplished to survive under the current cic.  Only wimps (ie John Allen) need apply 

Offline Ford289HiPo

• Don't take life seriously; No one gets out alive
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 08:55:59 PM »
Bah! They're politicking for dollars. It that want to save money, get rid of the 4th battalion in each group. Return to the 3 battalion per SF Group TO&E. Drop a few of those GO slots. SF Training Group does not need to be a General Officer billet. For years, it was effectively led by an O6.

Oh yeah, they probably need to stop buying all those expensive toys also. That started in the late 90's, and has continued ever since. Instead of having a "new" rifle, stick with the M4. They don't need the newest, latest, greatest "James Bond/Ninja/Navy SEAL/Delta Force gear to do the job.
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.

famousdayandyear

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 09:12:10 PM »
Bah! They're politicking for dollars. It that want to save money, get rid of the 4th battalion in each group. Return to the 3 battalion per SF Group TO&E. Drop a few of those GO slots. SF Training Group does not need to be a General Officer billet. For years, it was effectively led by an O6.

Oh yeah, they probably need to stop buying all those expensive toys also. That started in the late 90's, and has continued ever since. Instead of having a "new" rifle, stick with the M4. They don't need the newest, latest, greatest "James Bond/Ninja/Navy SEAL/Delta Force gear to do the job.

I'm not gonna tell McRaven what he needs/doesn't need.    Isn't he the one who does all that Navy SEAL/Delta Force stuff with SpecOps thingys?  And I like him--that means he won't be around for long.   You are not a fan, I get that

Offline Ford289HiPo

• Don't take life seriously; No one gets out alive
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 09:59:20 PM »
I'm not gonna tell McRaven what he needs/doesn't need.    Isn't he the one who does all that Navy SEAL/Delta Force stuff with SpecOps thingys?  And I like him--that means he won't be around for long.   You are not a fan, I get that

I'm not a fan of the spending and the constant "need" for more flag officer slots. I went through SF Training Group (the Q-Course) in 87-88, and it was commanded by a Colonel. Now, it's a GO slot doing the same thing.
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf