Author Topic: During drawdown, Pentagon cuts cooked breakfast for some troops in Afghanistan  (Read 1057 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator

Support the USO

Offline Rapunzel

Do they have access to boiled water?  Families could send them, oatmeal?  At least it is hot and stays with you for a bit...

This is outrageous BTW

famousdayandyear

Great idea, pentagon asshats.  "Let's just starve the bastards to death."   Come on ladies--ready to sign up for the front line?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
    • The place where argument addicts can go
I rarely have cooked breakfast, since fibre rich cereal is very healthy, easy and quick to prepare, etc.

Not too big a loss.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Damn it..if they can supply cooked lunch and dinners they can supply breakfast....this is bullshit!

Support the USO

Offline Rapunzel

I rarely have cooked breakfast, since fibre rich cereal is very healthy, easy and quick to prepare, etc.

Not too big a loss.

You're not in the miliary in that God-forsaken country burning calories - especially to stay warm this time of year... Where or not a "fiber rich" cereal is adequate for those of us stateside sitting on our rears is adequate is one thing, these are young men and women expending a lot of energy and the least we can provide them is three hot meals a day.

famousdayandyear

You're not in the miliary in that God-forsaken country burning calories - especially to stay warm this time of year... Where or not a "fiber rich" cereal is adequate for those of us stateside sitting on our rears is adequate is one thing, these are young men and women expending a lot of energy and the least we can provide them is three hot meals a day.

Ya.  And I bet these guys just choked down some high fiber cereal.  Not a big loss.

Offline mountaineer

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Offline Cincinnatus

Napoleon Bonaparte (who ought to know): An army marches on its stomach.

This practice of no hot breakfast is not only insulting to the men and women who are serving in Afghanistan, but militarily it is most unwise.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf