Author Topic: Panetta removes military ban on women in combat, opening thousands of front line positions  (Read 2564 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/panetta-removes-military-ban-women-combat-opening-thousands-front-line-positions

WASHINGTON (AP) — Panetta removes military ban on women in combat, opening thousands of front line positions.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Senior defense officials say Pentagon chief Leon Panetta is removing the military's ban on women serving in combat, opening hundreds of thousands of front-line positions and potentially elite commando jobs after more than a decade at war.

The groundbreaking move recommended by the Joint Chiefs of Staff overturns a 1994 rule banning women from being assigned to smaller ground combat units. Panetta's decision gives the military services until January 2016 to seek special exceptions if they believe any positions must remain closed to women.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 08:24:57 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Ford289HiPo

• Don't take life seriously; No one gets out alive
Now there will be a billet for the 18Q (Special Forces Team Queen)........................ :whistle:

Who will be first though? The SEALs with a "real" GI Jane?

Geez - Panetta is such a dumb-f*ck.
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
I'm pretty sure Congress put the ban in place, not that Obama cares about the rule of law.

This pretty much kills the Army and Marines because the physical requirements will be greatly dumbed down to accommodate women, most of whom cannot go on a 30 mile forced march while carrying a pack which weighs as much as they do.  Most will not have the endurance, stamina, or strength necessary in combat, especially if they have to drag a wounded comrade away.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
The new leftist military is all about social engineering and nothing at all about defending the nation.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Ford289HiPo

During the Carter administration, there was a female captain who actually went through the Special Forces Q-course. With the assistance of her (f-word deleted) lawyer husband, Equal Opportunity, and ACLU, she made it through the course. She was issued a certificate of completion, told that she would NEVER serve on an A-team, and she disappeared into the woodwork.

Yeah, we all laugh at the movie "GI Jane", but crap actually happens.

I can't see women rushing the doors to sign up for Infantry, Armor, or SF though. Maybe Rangers..............yeah, -Park Rangers- :whistle:
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The way I see it is if you are serving in Iraq or Afghanistan you are already in a combat role.....women have been wounded and died in both arenas...there is no *behind the lines* anymore..or *in the rear with the gear*....I am not advocating it, just saying they are already doing combat missions.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The biggest problem is the burden this will put on the soldiers. The guys will stop to 'help' the girls, and carry their part of their packs and gear for them, and things will go slower and softer for them, etc. I have seen it.

And if you think there will not be jealousy fights and late nights with rustling in the bushes you are wrong. MPs have caught late night rendezvous in every place you can possibly imagine including inside of garbage dumpsters. These young soldiers both boys and girls are like rabbits. The watch schedule is going to be all messed up. You could always just pick a couple names off the roster and send them out, but now you have to make sure you don't mix men and women together, or this guy, with that girl, or that girl with that girl because they hate each other, and on and on. just a mess.

And, wait until some of these girls get captured. The way the Taliban treat the men is unspeakable, what they would do with female captives is unimaginable.

Oh well. Fortunately it is not my problem anymore. 
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Ford289HiPo

The way I see it is if you are serving in Iraq or Afghanistan you are already in a combat role.....women have been wounded and died in both arenas...there is no *behind the lines* anymore..or *in the rear with the gear*....I am not advocating it, just saying they are already doing combat missions.

There is a distinct difference between combat support operations and fixing bayonets to purposely close with and kill the enemy.
Have women been in combat? Yes.
Have women actively hunted down and closed with the enemy? Outside of a few fighter or ground support pilots, No.

Offline Ford289HiPo

And if you think there will not be jealousy fights and late nights with rustling in the bushes you are wrong. MPs have caught late night rendezvous in every place you can possibly imagine including inside of garbage dumpsters. These young soldiers both boys and girls are like rabbits. The watch schedule is going to be all messed up. You could always just pick a couple names off the roster and send them out, but now you have to make sure you don't mix men and women together, or this guy, with that girl, or that girl with that girl because they hate each other, and on and on. just a mess.

That was happening at Ft Sam back in the late 80's. I went through the med course as a young NCO, and was really amazed that we had "Dumpster duty".

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Women need to be made to sign up for Selective Service.

If every man has to do it, it is time for every woman to do it.

After all, isn't equality great.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Ford289HiPo

Oh no! That would be unfair! They can't be required to do THAT?????????

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

It should come with this order of Panetta's....Congress should draft a Bill...I would love to see the fireworks over this...lol
Support the USO

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
That was happening at Ft Sam back in the late 80's. I went through the med course as a young NCO, and was really amazed that we had "Dumpster duty".

It is still happening. I don't know what it is, but if you had a male and a female soldier alone together in almost any situation, they would go at it. Bathrooms, rooftops, under the bleachers, in a store room, anywhere. Maybe they are all just so young and healthy and all pumped up from the constant work-outs and gunfire.

If you sent a guy and and girl out on guard duty patrol together or on tower watch, it is at least as likely that they would be hittin' it as it is that they would maintain a vigilant watch.

Bottom line is it is just an unnecessary distraction. It is a complication that is not needed. If there was some sort of shortage of able bodied men, I could see it. But doing it soley for the sake of political correctness is just stupid and it really could get people killed, both the men and the women.

The last thing anyone wants when looking for IEDs or in combat action is any kind of distraction, or disruption, no matter how small it may be. You just cannot afford it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cincinnatus

I consider this change in policy abhorrent. It is contrary to the entire Western tradition and practice, Nowhere in the Bible do women serve in the military. The Greeks had a legend of Amazon warriors but no Greek city state, not even on Lesbos, had women soldiers. Rome did not use them and Europe, in the middle ages, would have been repulsed by such a notion.

Was there a female unit in Washington's army? During the War between the States? WWI or II? Absolutely not. Notions of male chivalry and manliness forbade the idea of using our wives and daughters as cannon fodder.

I believe the Israelis attempted to utilize women as front line soldiers and found the policy failed for a variety of reasons.

The only modern armies I know of that allow women combatants have been Communist revolutionaries, a group who could care less about human life and are concerned solely with fire power.

And now us.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Rivergirl

This was deliberately announced  to change the topic on twitter which was trending against hitlery.

famousdayandyear

This was deliberately announced  to change the topic on twitter which was trending against hitlery.

Good point.  Distort and distract.  Panetta has not the foggiest clue about combat or combat conditions.  What a FRAUD!