Author Topic: Golfer Mickelson Apologizes for Comments on Income Taxes  (Read 863 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Golfer Mickelson Apologizes for Comments on Income Taxes
« on: January 22, 2013, 04:52:52 PM »

Support the USO

Offline PzLdr

Re: Golfer Mickelson Apologizes for Comments on Income Taxes
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 09:12:13 AM »
Apparently the Second Amendment isn't the only one being foreclosed to non-Liberals.  :shrug:
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
    • Auktion Online
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 09:15:28 AM »
The PGA commissioner must've gotten a call from the Chicago people.
"She only coughs when she lies."

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 03:44:33 PM »
Tiger Woods said today that the reason he left California in the mid-Nineties was because the state's taxes were too high.

Woods was responding to Mickelson's original statement on CA taxes. He now lives in FL. Referring to his rival, 37-year-old Woods added: 'I enjoy Florida, but also I understand what he was, I think, trying to say.' 
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2266830/Tiger-Woods-admits-left-California-tax-rates.html

Anyone know the politics, if any, of Woods or Mickelson, especially the former?
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 05:19:13 PM »
The PGA commissioner must've gotten a call from the Chicago people.

It's a simple matter of a phone call from his agent/publicist.....a three-way call.... :laugh:....telling him that his endorsements account for {___} percent [majority of his income]....and that no matter what position he takes publicly, he alienates 50% of the country.      And about 5% of golfers.  LOL!!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
    • Auktion Online
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 06:41:57 PM »

It's a simple matter of a phone call from his agent/publicist.....a three-way call.... :laugh:....telling him that his endorsements account for {___} percent [majority of his income]....and that no matter what position he takes publicly, he alienates 50% of the country.      And about 5% of golfers.  LOL!!

Yeah, I know.  I am a marketing professor.  Still, I prefer to think the Chicago mob shut him up.  Until OPapaDoc started running his class war, no one would get castigated for complaining about taxes.  Now, half the population thinks Mickelson isn't paying his "fair share" and his share is over 60 percent!

Tiger Woods is right.  His financial advisor told him early on to get the hell out of California.  The move was probably worth $20 million a year in take-home pay.
"She only coughs when she lies."

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 07:09:27 PM »
Both Tiger Woods and Lebron James have supported Barack Obama with donations. Greg Oden (from Ohio State, now on the Portland Trailblazers) also endorsed Obama. King James has even campaigned for Obama.
http://www.thegolfblog.com/2008/10/tiger-woods-lebron-james-support-barack.html

Yet he moves to FL to avoid taxes.

Typical Lib supporting hyprocrite.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 07:09:56 PM by Cincinnatus »
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf