Author Topic: Pic of the Day: GOD BLESS THEM!  (Read 1757 times)

famousdayandyear

Pic of the Day: GOD BLESS THEM!
« on: January 19, 2013, 04:12:28 am »

A soldier with 1st Battalion, 36th Infantry Regiment, listens to a brief before a mission outside command outpost Hutal, Maywand District, Kandahar Province, Afghanistan, January 17, 2013. (REUTERS/Andrew Burton)

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Pic of the Day: GOD BLESS THEM!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 04:21:15 am »
I'm surprised the admin hasn't banned smoking in Afghanistan.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

famousdayandyear

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 04:26:51 am »
I'm surprised the admin hasn't banned smoking in Afghanistan.

I'm sure they have, Rap.  For instance, civilians are not supposed to send cigs or Skoal.  Ridiculous.  Love this pic even more!  LOL

Offline Allegra

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 04:29:36 am »
I'm sure they have, Rap.  For instance, civilians are not supposed to send cigs or Skoal.  Ridiculous.  Love this pic even more!  LOL

True...tobacco products are banned from mail being received.  But they sell all of that at the PXs...tax-free.   :patriot:
Don not wait to. There was not the shadow of the wall and another shade of eye gaze, we don not go Nvragr not find the light went shadow Nnvr.

famousdayandyear

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 05:01:09 am »
True...tobacco products are banned from mail being received.  But they sell all of that at the PXs...tax-free.   :patriot:

Being more than stupid about conditions in Afghanistan, do they have PX's, for instance, at FOBs?

famousdayandyear

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2013, 05:06:56 am »
One more thought:

When I think of men like this putting it all on the line for the freedoms I tend to take so likely, and then I think of lowlife POS like that bicycle guy or the scum cic he reports to getting all the attention and press, it makes me nauseous.  Just sayin

Oceander

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 03:07:33 pm »
One more thought:

When I think of men like this putting it all on the line for the freedoms I tend to take so likely, and then I think of lowlife POS like that bicycle guy or the scum cic he reports to getting all the attention and press, it makes me nauseous.  Just sayin

You're not alone in that my friend.

Offline Allegra

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2013, 03:54:09 pm »
Being more than stupid about conditions in Afghanistan, do they have PX's, for instance, at FOBs?

Yes, at most of them.  If it's a small FOB, they might only have a single-wide trailer or something, but you can usually get the basic necessities at those.

I've only spent a few days in Afghanistan (and that was enough), but AAFES has a pretty big presence there.  They not only run the PXs, but they manage the Pizza Hut, Subway, etc. restaurants that tend to be on the bigger bases.
Don not wait to. There was not the shadow of the wall and another shade of eye gaze, we don not go Nvragr not find the light went shadow Nnvr.