Author Topic: Baghdad Leon (Panetta) on Algeria  (Read 1056 times)

famousdayandyear

Baghdad Leon (Panetta) on Algeria
« on: January 18, 2013, 10:08:33 pm »
http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=33705

Baghdad Leon on Algeria
January 18th, 2013

I think I heard this same speech coming from a palace rooftop in Baghdad back March of 2003;

“Terrorists should be on notice that they will find no sanctuary, no refuge,” Panetta said in his speech at King’s College in London. “Not in Algeria, not in North Africa, not anywhere.”

Panetta said he is working very closely with the British government and other countries to determine exactly what is happening in Algeria. He met with British Prime Minister David Cameron after the speech for about 45 minutes, focusing largely on the situation in Algeria and Mali, where French forces have intervened to push back militants who control large swathes of the country.

Well, as long as he met with Cameron after the speech, I’m sure Panetta will get this all straightened out before he jets back to California with half of the Pentagon for the weekend. It’s good news that they’re sending aircraft to Algeria to evacuate the hostages…the ones they can find, anyway. Depending on where you get your news, apparently some are saying that as many as 20 hostages are missing.

Panetta on Wednesday called the hostage situation a terrorist act, and Pentagon spokesman George Little indicated it may be the work of al-Qaida.

“If you’re looking at an attack in this part of the world of this scope and magnitude, then al-Qaida has to be near or at the top of your list of suspects,” he said Thursday evening.

So, did Secretary Obvious check with the White House before he called it a “terrorist act” or is some State Department functionary going to go on the Sunday shows and say it’s too soon to tell? And I thought al Qaeda was in it’s death throes. That’s what the zombie ninja robot surge was all about wasn’t it? The drones cut off the head of the al Qaeda serpent, Biden told us.

“No one nation can shoulder the burden for our collective security alone,” he said.

Yeah, and they can send in the Algerian special forces to kill all of the witnesses. Maybe all of these attacks on our interests are the result of this administration acting like a bunch of bleep who think that words can defeat terrorism.

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Baghdad Leon (Panetta) on Algeria
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 10:17:54 pm »
Did Hillary call it a terrorist act?  Obama call it such???
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

famousdayandyear

Re: Baghdad Leon (Panetta) on Algeria
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 10:38:24 pm »
Did Hillary call it a terrorist act?  Obama call it such???

In my mind, none of that matters.  Obama is pro Islam--we (you and me) are the enemy.