Author Topic: West Point center cites dangers of ‘far right’ in U.S.  (Read 1892 times)

Offline Emma

West Point center cites dangers of ‘far right’ in U.S.
« on: January 18, 2013, 09:06:25 pm »
A West Point think tank has issued a paper warning America about “far right” groups such as the “anti-federalist” movement, which supports “civil activism, individual freedoms and self-government.”

The report issued this week by the Combating Terrorism Center at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, N.Y., is titled “Challengers from the Sidelines: Understanding America’s Violent Far-Right.”

The center — part of the institution where men and women are molded into Army officers — posted the report Tuesday. It lumps limited government activists with three movements it identifies as “a racist/white supremacy movement, an anti-federalist movement and a fundamentalist movement.”

Read more at:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jan/17/west-point-center-cites-dangers-far-right-us/#ixzz2IMAXZbra

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Re: West Point center cites dangers of ‘far right’ in U.S.
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 09:11:55 pm »
And we all know how subversive individual freedoms and self-government is to today's American government.  The military is very far along the path of being co-opted by the leftists.  Isn't much left anymore that isn't left.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

famousdayandyear

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 09:52:46 pm »
Obama's coup just about complete.  Buy ammo

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 10:18:40 pm »
Wow!!!!
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 11:34:24 pm »
I would like to see a similar paper on the Left wing 'hate' groups.

Alinsky, Occupy, EPA, and countless others, not to mention all the Muslim allah akbar groups out there which can't wait to hit America.

But we all know. The only threat to America these days are Christian groups who wish to remain free from government oppression. That's the real 'threat' to Obamanation.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline happyg

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2013, 07:14:21 pm »
It's not the far right to be on the lookout for, but the left, who endorses and involves themselves in violence. How often do we read about a right winger shitting on a car, or killing a bunch of animals and blaming it on poachers? OWS are a violent group of left wing nuts. Democrats are the ones killing thousands of babies a year, while we try to protect  them. Now, they want to hasten the deaths of the elderly. Next it will be the disabled and mentally ill. I could go on, but we know who are the violent Americans. The right wing is to be feared because when push comes to shove, they will fight back. That is what scares the lefties.

Offline happyg

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 11:24:27 pm »
The 5 Worst/Recent Mass Murders in the USA (with a Firearm) Came from Democrats

Read more: http://clashdaily.com/2013/01/the-5-worst-mass-murders-in-the-usa-with-a-firearm-came-from-democrats/#ixzz2IT0EcPEl
 Get more Clash on ClashDaily.com, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2013, 12:06:13 am »
This guy's so stupid, he thinks "anti-federalists" oppose the big, all-powerful, centralized government so beloved by the left. Wouldn't it be more accurate to say we're the federalists, as in, say, The Federalist Society

Federalists envison the sharing of power among state and local governments and the national government, as opposed to what the American left seems to want, to-wit, a centralized government with total control and authority. Obama is the anti-federalist, seems to me. In that respect, I'll agree with the report: he's a threat to America.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

famousdayandyear

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2013, 01:20:06 am »
What is so EYEOPENING about this report is that it comes from the US MILITARY ACADEMY!!  Funded largely I would guess by us poor egg-sucking taxpayers

Oceander

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2013, 02:54:58 am »
Define the terms and you win the game.

famousdayandyear

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2013, 03:10:12 am »
Define the terms and you win the game.

Clever, Ocean, but waaaayyyyy too philosophical for a redneck like me.  As far as I can tell, I PAY for this CRAP

Online mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2013, 12:53:54 pm »
What is so EYEOPENING about this report is that it comes from the US MILITARY ACADEMY!!  Funded largely I would guess by us poor egg-sucking taxpayers
Mr. M and I visited the USMA a few years ago and had lunch with an acquaintance who worked there; she said the place was lousy with liberal instruction and the cadets are no where near as tough as they used to be (as in, they didn't seem to have spent any time actually out of doors, having spent their childhoods playing video games).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org