Author Topic: Pentagon IG blames screening process for insider attacks  (Read 1124 times)

famousdayandyear

Pentagon IG blames screening process for insider attacks
« on: January 12, 2013, 02:04:56 pm »
http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=33612

Pentagon IG blames screening process for insider attacks
January 12th, 2013

So, I guess the Pentagon is running out of excuses for green-on-blue attacks. After their latest slight-of-hand, the pamphlet that blamed the troops and their lack of cultural sensitivity for antagonizing the locals, the Pentagon’s inspector general has decided that the Army’s screening process for hiring interpreters is at fault. A Bloomberg link;

The inspector general began an investigation after a linguist hired by Mission Essential Personnel killed two U.S. Army special forces officers and wounded an aide, all of them unarmed, in January 2010.

[...]

The Army’s Intelligence and Security Command “did not effectively implement the security requirements” for the translator contract, creating “an increased risk that local nationals hired pose a security threat to U.S. and coalition forces,” Daniel Blair, deputy inspector general for auditing, said in the report to Army Chief of Staff Ray Odierno, U.S. Central Command commander Marine Corp General James Mattis and General John Allen, commander of U.S. Afghanistan forces.

Well, ya know, I’m wondering why there were unarmed Special Forces soldiers in Afghanistan to begin with. I’m also wondering why the IG took almost three years to come to that conclusion. I’m pretty sure that Stevie Wonder could see it from space.

famousdayandyear

Re: Pentagon IG blames screening process for insider attacks
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 02:07:05 pm »
Wonder if the IG (or staff) has ever heard of the Islamist dictate of "taqiyya" -- ie purposeful deceit

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 03:12:07 pm »
I’m wondering why there were unarmed Special Forces soldiers in Afghanistan to begin with.
That's almost an oxymoron.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Ford289HiPo

• Don't take life seriously; No one gets out alive
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 04:00:42 am »

The inspector general began an investigation after a linguist hired by Mission Essential Personnel killed two U.S. Army special forces officers and wounded an aide, all of them unarmed, in January 2010.

I have to throw a BS flag there. All military in theatre must carry their weapon and ammo at all times.
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.