Author Topic: OBAMA: AMERICA FELL SHORT  (Read 2396 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
OBAMA: AMERICA FELL SHORT
« on: January 11, 2013, 07:59:48 pm »
http://www.weeklystandard.com/print/blogs/obama-us-has-fallen-short-ideal-afghanistan_695181.html

Obama: U.S. Has Fallen 'Short of the Ideal' in Afghanistan
Daniel Halper
January 11, 2013 2:38 PM

In remarks with Afghan president Hamid Karzai at the White House this afternoon, President Barack Obama said the U.S. has fallen "short of the ideal" in Afghanistan:

"So, you know, I think that, have we achieved everything that some might have imagined us achieving in the best of scenarios? Probably not. You know, there's a human enterprise, and you know, you fall short of the ideal," said Obama.

The president went on to say that America has achieved some measure of success in Afghanistan, however. "Did we achieve our central goal? And have we been able, I think, to shape a strong relationship with a responsible Afghan government that is willing to cooperate with us to make sure that it is not a launching pad for future attacks against the United States? We have achieved that goal. We are in the process of achieving that goal. And for that, I think we have to thank our extraordinary military, intelligence and diplomatic teams, as well as the cooperation of the Afghan government and the Afghan people."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: OBAMA: AMERICA FELL SHORT
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 08:01:07 pm »
 8888crybaby...our own CinC slamming his troops....it's their fault although BHO has tied their hands by all the ROE's
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 08:13:43 pm »
America always falls short to Obama. So what now? We bug out, just like Vietnam. Another Charlie Foxtrot, brought to you by civilian "leaders" who'll blame the field command for their own damn stupidity, short-sightedness, and politically-motivated tinkering. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 08:15:48 pm »
He's despicable!.....like the troops didn't want to finish the job?..instead you tie their hands at every move making it impossible to win this....go to hell BHO!
Support the USO

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 08:38:00 pm »
8888crybaby...our own CinC slamming his troops....it's their fault although BHO has tied their hands by all the ROE's

Yep. I know a guy who got demoted and kicked out because he 'dared' to fire his weapon. He didn't shoot anybody, he just fired in the air. He saw a guy being murdered on the street by 3 'insurgents'. He fired his weapon to stop it and scared them off. For that he was Chaptered out article 15. He saved the guy's life and paid the price for it with his own career. "How dare you scare the Muslims!" They are muslims! And you are just a stupid sap 'infidel'.

It is legally dangerous to be in the Military these days. You can get in a lot of legal trouble over nothing. I mean, seriously, you can easily ruin your life in the Military. Sometimes we were not sure who the 'enemy' was. Is it them, or us?

You couldn't pay me enough money to join the American military these days. It is just way too dangerous, and way too messed up. There is way too much political and legal stuff going on to make it worth it. They are trying to make combat forces into the Peace Corps.

This is my memo to D.C.: it dosn't work you stupid buffoons! Either you are going to kill them or not. You can't have it both ways. They have NO problem killing us. In fact, they love it. They have no ROE's. They think we are fools. And, maybe we are.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 08:50:45 pm »
Yep. I know a guy who got demoted and kicked out because he 'dared' to fire his weapon. He didn't shoot anybody, he just fired in the air. He saw a guy being murdered on the street by 3 'insurgents'. He fired his weapon to stop it and scared them off. For that he was Chaptered out article 15. He saved the guy's life and paid the price for it with his own career. "How dare you scare the Muslims!" They are muslims! And you are just a stupid sap 'infidel'.

It is legally dangerous to be in the Military these days. You can get in a lot of legal trouble over nothing. I mean, seriously, you can easily ruin your life in the Military. Sometimes we were not sure who the 'enemy' was. Is it them, or us?

You couldn't pay me enough money to join the American military these days. It is just way too dangerous, and way too messed up. There is way too much political and legal stuff going on to make it worth it. They are trying to make combat forces into the Peace Corps.

This is my memo to D.C.: it dosn't work you stupid buffoons! Either you are going to kill them or not. You can't have it both ways. They have NO problem killing us. In fact, they love it. They have no ROE's. They think we are fools. And, maybe we are.

I can't tell you how many times I've heard the same stuff from guys who've rotated back (sometimes after multiple tours) and just can't take the politicized bullshit anymore. And I do recall hearing similar complaints in the late stages of the Vietnam War. Our hands were tied, their were not.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline happyg

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 10:08:08 pm »
He's despicable!.....like the troops didn't want to finish the job?..instead you tie their hands at every move making it impossible to win this....go to hell BHO!

You're being too kind! All those soldiers, dead and wounded, and they get put down by their boss. When it comes time for him to meet his maker, the blame game will be over.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2013, 10:21:12 pm »
O ought to be impeached for his rules of engagement in prosecuting this war against the islamic terrorists.

I remember GHWB remarking that Inouye threatened him with impeachment if the first gulf war didn't go well.

Offline happyg

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2013, 10:23:49 pm »
O ought to be impeached for his rules of engagement in prosecuting this war against the islamic terrorists.

I remember GHWB remarking that Inouye threatened him with impeachment if the first gulf war didn't go well.

His death list should be enough to kick him out, let alone the dozens of other unconstitutional acts he committed.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2013, 01:12:41 am »
"So, you know, I think that, have we achieved everything that some might have imagined us achieving in the best of scenarios? Probably not. You know, there's a human enterprise, and you know, you fall short of the ideal," said Obama.
This is about the least intelligible thing this uneducated jackass ever said, you know, um, you know.

What is this supposed to mean? What was the goal, does he even have a clue? What does he think "some might have imagined us achieving"? Who are the "some"? This is just another of his straw men. You know, some say ... some might have imagined ...  some la-di-da-di-do yadda yadda.  Who are the "some" who are say and think all these things that he invariably contradicts?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2013, 01:21:45 am »

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2013, 01:30:57 am »
You want a job punching stupid poeple? Move to Washington D.C.

You'll be pulling in some wicked overtime.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2013, 02:42:43 am »
I listened to this mess of a conference this morning....   :baby: :baby: :baby: :baby: :baby: :3:
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2013, 04:07:56 am »
This is why I hope the sequester gets done and they just gut the military.  With this CIC there's no point in having a strong military.  He doesn't even know our friends from our enemies.