Author Topic: A Politician Is Born  (Read 1202 times)

famousdayandyear

A Politician Is Born
« on: January 09, 2013, 01:19:17 am »
http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=33548

A Politician Is Born
January 8th, 2013

Retired Gen. Stanley McChrystal backed banning assault weapons on Tuesday, saying guns like the M4 and M16 belong in the hands of soldiers, not on the streets.

By way explanation he adds:

“I personally don’t think there’s any need for that kind of weaponry on the streets and particularly around the schools in America. I believe that we’ve got to take a serious look — I understand everybody’s desire to have whatever they want — we have to protect our children and our police and we have to protect our population. And I think we have to take a very mature look at that.”

Sounds like a politician spouting half-truths don’t he?

I did try to find any statistics that suggest how many people in the US have been killed by an M4 or an M16 since they were introduced. My Google-Fu failed me miserably, I’m afraid.

However, I did find one reference that sort of  applies.

Since 1934, there appear to have been at least two homicides committed with legally owned automatic weapons. One was a murder committed by a law enforcement officer (as opposed to a civilian). On September 15th, 1988, a 13-year veteran of the Dayton, Ohio police department, Patrolman Roger Waller, then 32, used his fully automatic MAC-11 .380 caliber submachine gun to kill a police informant, 52-year-old Lawrence Hileman. Patrolman Waller pleaded guilty in 1990, and he and an accomplice were sentenced to 18 years in prison. The 1986 ‘ban’ on sales of new machine guns does not apply to purchases by law enforcement or government agencies.

Perhaps one of you folks will have better luck uncovering how many crimes have been committed BY Civilians (legally purchased) in the USA with such evil weapons? There MUST be hundreds of such cases.

Online mountaineer

Re: A Politician Is Born
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 08:06:36 pm »
I personally don’t think there’s any need for that kind of weaponry on the streets and particularly around the schools in America.
When was the last time a true fully automatic assault rifle actually was taken into an American public school? I wonder.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org