Author Topic: 'Wow! What a beautiful woman!' Meet the Miss Alabama girlfriend of star quarterback who sent broadcasters drooling during game against Notre Dame  (Read 3317 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2259031/Katherine-Webb-The-Miss-Alabama-girlfriend-A-J-McCarron-sent-broadcasters-drooling-game-Notre-Dame.html#ixzz2HPdBrpdL

'Wow! What a beautiful woman!' Meet the Miss Alabama girlfriend of star quarterback who sent broadcasters drooling during game against Notre Dame

ESPN cameras picked up Katherine Webb in the stands on Monday night
    The appearance sent her Twitter followers soaring - and Arizona Cardinals player Darnell Dockett even tweeted her his number
    Webb, 23, is reigning Miss Alabama and placed in the top ten in Miss USA
    Has been dating Alabama quarterback A.J. McCarron, 22, for a month

By Lydia Warren

PUBLISHED: 11:09 EST, 8 January 2013 | UPDATED: 11:10 EST, 8 January 2013

Alabama quarterback A.J. McCarron may have been putting on a championship-winning performance on the field, but all eyes were on the stands - and his girlfriend - on Monday night.

Katherine Webb sent broadcasters drooling and viewers tweeting their admiration after she cheered for McCarron as his team swiftly defeated Notre Dame to win the BCS National Championship.

In the first quarter of the game, the ESPN cameras panned to 23-year-old reigning Miss Alabama, who was sitting with McCarron's mother, and the sportscasters immediately perked up.

'I'm telling you, you quarterbacks, you get all the good looking women,' 73-year-old Brent Musburger gushed. 'What a beautiful woman.'

more at link
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
It's ridiculous that such a big deal is being made of Musberger's remarks.

....one thing for sure, he's got good taste.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Well, she is a looker but they've only been together a month...it can't be all that serious yet (sitting with his mom notwithstanding).

The game was a major snore (should have been Oregon there, not Notre Dame).  The announcers were doing anything they could think of to keep people watching.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Rapunzel

Someone on Fox this morning commented that she only came in #10 - wondered what #9 must look like ~LOL~
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline DCPatriot

She looks like a corn-fed Kate Middleton.      :silly:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mountaineer

Musberger sounded like a dirty old man, but he was desperate for some bright spot in the evening, considering his love affair with Notre Dame.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

famousdayandyear

Having worked many live NASCAR broadcasts (in the booth), cameramen are notorious for recording the best-looking (or alternatively the raunchiest) fans to relieve pre-race boredom I guess.  Usually the director avoids airing such during dry spells (caution laps) but use specially pre-packaged tapes, especially during rain periods.  IIRC, ESPN was the WORST (and still is the WORST) for producing live races.   If they wanted T&A, they could have used the SI swimsuit edition as a boredom reliever.    The talent I worked with over the years were professionals, and never resorted to ogling antics before, during or after broadcast.

famousdayandyear

Agreed...never been a Mussburger fan, but he was stuck with a very boring game and needed to fill the airtime.  He shouldn't have kept going on with the "Wow" schtick, but it was all harmless drivel.

Hope I learned my lesson about trying to make a point about professionalism here.  Won't make the same mistake twice.  Doubt if Chris Collinsworth or Al Michaels, who have called BORING games BTW, would allow themselves to lower their standards.

Offline DCPatriot

Hope I learned my lesson about trying to make a point about professionalism here.  Won't make the same mistake twice.  Doubt if Chris Collinsworth or Al Michaels, who have called BORING games BTW, would allow themselves to lower their standards.

I'm sure we aren't incapable of appreciating professionalism "around here".

It's the double standard that pi$$es me off. 

Maybe 73 years old is too old for the job?

famousdayandyear

I'm sure we aren't incapable of appreciating professionalism "around here".

It's the double standard that pi$$es me off. 

Maybe 73 years old is too old for the job?

Don't understand what double standard you are referring to.  Professionalism does not have more than one standard.  Let me know if you're saying that this is a personal statement regarding my views.  Thanks

Offline DCPatriot

Don't understand what double standard you are referring to.  Professionalism does not have more than one standard.  Let me know if you're saying that this is a personal statement regarding my views.  Thanks

Your POV doesn't bother me in the least.  You're right.  What Mussburger did was unprofressional.  They shoud NEVER indulge in anything other than what's going on....on the field.

The double standard is that the culture doesn't seem to mind when simulated blow-jobs are shown on CNN on New Years Eve.

Offline NavyCanDo

I think it only comes with being married for a long time, to be able to notice a beautiful girl without being noticed yourself, meaning no elbow slamming into your rib cage.  Same goes with commenting about her. It is possible to say “Wow! that’s the most beautiful girl on the planet” without whispering a syllable.   

Oh, and if Mrs. NavyCanDo is reading this, I'm not talking about me, I swear.   :whistle:
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline evadR

November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline mountaineer

Katherine Webb, Alabama quarterback A.J. McCarron's girlfriend, received significant attention during the BCS title game broadcast on Monday—and maybe more than was appropriate from play-by-play man Brent Musburger—prompting ESPN to apologize on Tuesday.

"Have been asked on focus on @_KatherineWebb in BCS: We always try to capture interesting storylines and the relationship between an Auburn grad who is Miss Alabama and the current Alabama quarterback certainly met that test. However, we apologize that the commentary in this instance went too far and Brent understands that," ESPN's Mike Soltys posted on Twitter.  ...
Sporting News

Do Twitter apologies even count?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I saw Collinsworth's Olympics work. He is just plain stupid.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline evadR

Bob Costas.

This guy is just plain ignorant.
Definitely an Obama voter.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.