Author Topic: Unemployment Rises for Women, African-Americans in December  (Read 1583 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Unemployment Rises for Women, African-Americans in December
« on: January 04, 2013, 04:52:37 pm »
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/unemployment-rises-women-african-americans-december

Unemployment Rises for Women, African-Americans in December
By Matt Cover
January 4, 2013

(CNSNews.com) – Government unemployment numbers for December showed that while the general unemployment rate remained flat at 7.8 percent, unemployment for women and African-Americans rose despite an economy that created 155,000 jobs.

Unemployment for women rose to 7.3 percent in December from 7.0 percent while the rate for African-Americans rose sharply to 14.0 percent from 13.2 percent in November.

Unemployment among African Americans has remained quite high throughout the sluggish economic recovery of the past several years, despite the steady decline in overall unemployment in the economy generally.

The number of employed African Americans actually fell in December – a month that typically sees a spike in job creation as employers add temporary positions to handle the holiday shopping season.

The number of employed African Americans fell from nearly 16 million to 15.8 million in December.

By contrast, the unemployment rate for Whites remained nearly a full point below the national average at 6.9 percent in December.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

Re: Unemployment Rises for Women, African-Americans in December
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 06:11:28 pm »
Unemployment among African Americans has remained quite high throughout the sluggish economic recovery of the past several years, despite the steady decline in overall unemployment in the economy generally.

Damn!  Brother 'Bama sho nuff got yo backs, don't he.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 06:14:55 pm »
Hey, I guess Obama's war on women is much more effective than Romney's was. 
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Relic

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 07:05:16 pm »
Good! As we circle the bowl, I'm going to take my delight in knowing the ones who put us in this position will hurt the most. Guess they'll need charity more than ever? Oooops, aver November 6, 2012, I quit giving.

I hear in N. Korea they make a delicious tree bark soup. I hope that soon some Obama lemmings need to learn that skill.