Author Topic: Lance Armstrong eyes peddling drug confession  (Read 1728 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Lance Armstrong eyes peddling drug confession
« on: January 05, 2013, 02:23:32 pm »
http://www.nypost.com/f/print/news/national/lance_eyes_peddling_drug_confession_kqMflQtRj8kAPHNsEGUH3H#axzz2H6wZfYsJ

Lance Armstrong eyes peddling drug confession

By JOSH SAUL

Last Updated: 7:10 AM, January 5, 2013

Posted: 1:29 AM, January 5, 2013

He wants to come clean.

Cycling legend Lance Armstrong has told his associates he is considering a public admission that he doped during his athletic career, according to a published report.

Armstrong, 41, has spent recent months weighing his options while vacationing with family in Hawaii, The Wall Street Journal reported.

Possibilities include going on television, writing a book, or making a public statement in the near future about his alleged doping.

A public confession would allow Armstrong to begin restoring his badly damaged reputation

The former professional cyclist fell into disgrace last fall when his seven Tour de France titles were stripped and his major sponsors dropped him.

Armstrong also quit as chairman of Livestrong, the cancer-fighting foundation known for its iconic yellow bracelets that he founded in 1997.

He has long denied ever using performance-enhancing drugs or blood doping, even as his teammates and anti-doping officials leveled accusations.

Armstrong’s lawyer told the Journal that discussions with the US Anti-Doping Agency “aren’t currently on the table.”

Armstrong was diagnosed with testicular cancer when he was 25, but fought back to win the Tour de France a record seven times.

A confession by Armstrong would also complicate multiple legal issues, including a whistleblower lawsuit filed by his former teammate, Floyd Landis.

The Sunday Times of London has also sued to recover a 2004 libel settlement that Armstrong won after the paper published claims he was doping.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Lance Armstrong eyes peddling drug confession
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 03:49:10 pm »
Oh, come on. The man lost his testicles and can no longer produce testosterone naturally. Thay is a perfectly legitimate reason to use them. The problem is that the WADA witch hunters would never accept it, or accept Americans dominating yet another world sport. So they drum up the doping charges.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline evadR

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 11:43:54 pm »
Even if the doping charges are true, what possible reason could Armstrong have for "coming clean"?
I don't buy it for a minute.

Sounds like something a lame streamer drummed up and is trying to "make it happen".
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 12:54:26 am »
My take is that he feels as long as he's going to be vilified....he might as well cash in on it.

There will be book and movie deals for sure.

After all, it's a helluva story.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline evadR

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 02:57:00 am »
I don't think they had to "drum up the doping charges", but it sounds like EVERY competitive cyclist was using while Armstrong kept winning.  Lance was simply the best cheater of the era...MUD
Probably...but I'd NEVER admit it.

Offline evadR

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 03:13:32 am »
If all your friends knew, and all your fans knew, and the evidence was there for anyone interested to see, what would be the upside of denying 'til yer dying?  At some point, you are only lying to yourself.

I'm thinking he probably will write a book and put his spin on it, and make some bucks, like DCP said...MUD
Lotsa IFs...but, I get yer point.

I wouldn't admit or deny it. I wouldn't give this bunch of pantywaists the satisfaction. 

IOW, F*k em.