Author Topic: Rooftopping? It's just jaw-dropping! Vertigo-inducing pictures taken by rooftopper who wants to take photography to new heights  (Read 4699 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2256022/Vertigo-inducing-pictures-taken-rooftopper-wants-photography-new-heights.html#ixzz2GpjhI6lW

Rooftopping? It's just jaw-dropping! Vertigo-inducing pictures taken by rooftopper who wants to take photography to new heights

Photography craze of Rooftopping sees thrill seekers climbing to dizzying new heights for the perfect picture

By Sean O'hare
UPDATED: 11:40 EST, 2 January 2013

If the thought of walking along the edge of skyscrapers completely unprotected turns you queasy, it's probably best you look away now.

Daring photographer Tom Ryaboi snaps the Toronto skyline from the top of skyscrapers as a pioneer of the heart-stopping photography movement rooftopping.

To achieve these breathtaking photographs, he often has to evade security guards, dogs - and even urban falcons defending their nests.

Daring photographer Tom Ryaboi snaps the Toronto skyline from the top of skyscrapers

many more photos at link

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Ford289HiPo

• Don't take life seriously; No one gets out alive
I'm cringing just looking at that fool.
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I'm cringing just looking at that fool.

I hope you went to the link and looked at the other cringe worthy photos
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline happyg

Awesome pictures, but they gave me the chills. I hate heights, and get queazy watching that stuff. My husband parachuted a lot, and I used to fly with him. I tried not to look down, and after a while, when the infatuation part was gone, I stayed on the ground, unless he really wanted me up there. Once, he jumped into my sister's backyard. She was a hog farmer, so the backyard was large. We had to take the door off the plane because it opened from the wrong direction. I was sitting by the door with my camera. After he made the jump, I yelled, "I lost him", so the pilot flipped the plane on it's side, and part of me was hanging almost outside. I thought I was going to throw up and/or pass out. My family was watching from below, and saw me, and thought I was falling out of the plane. They have pics of that event. Pat was a crazy Irishman, who loved adventure. I was crazy for him, so went along with it.  :shrug:

Offline Rapunzel

Oh my, happy I would have freaked if that had been me in the plane......
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Allegra

I'm with all of you - scared of heights.  I can't even look at those straight-down photos without getting dizzy.
Don not wait to. There was not the shadow of the wall and another shade of eye gaze, we don not go Nvragr not find the light went shadow Nnvr.

Offline Ford289HiPo

I hope you went to the link and looked at the other cringe worthy photos

Gadz! you twisted my arm, and I did it! I cringed again! I really, really hate heights. Kind'a funny too. I was a paratrooper in the Army (87 jumps, 86 of them with my eyes tightly shut).
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gadz! you twisted my arm, and I did it! I cringed again! I really, really hate heights. Kind'a funny too. I was a paratrooper in the Army (87 jumps, 86 of them with my eyes tightly shut).

OMG..LMAO....my dad was a USAF pilot and used to say *no way you ever jump out of a good plane*...lol

And I am terrified of heights....I can't even do glass enclosed elevators...lol
Support the USO

Offline happyg

I don't think I would have fun walking over this:

Offline Rapunzel

Try going to Peach Springs and walking out over the Grand Canyon on their glass shelf.....

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline happyg

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER! I have no desire to see the Grand Canyon up close and personal. It is beautiful. I was told a long time ago that the reason people are afraid of heights because they fear they might jump. I was thinking accidently falling, but maybe I would jump, just to get it over with.   :shrug:

Offline Ford289HiPo

Try going to Peach Springs and walking out over the Grand Canyon on their glass shelf.....

Oh! Heck NO! I'd wet my pants.

Offline Allegra

OMG..LMAO....my dad was a USAF pilot and used to say *no way you ever jump out of a good plane*...lol

And I am terrified of heights....I can't even do glass enclosed elevators...lol

I hate those things!

I stand in front and stare intently at the doors.
Don not wait to. There was not the shadow of the wall and another shade of eye gaze, we don not go Nvragr not find the light went shadow Nnvr.

Offline Allegra

Nooooooooo!!  And I've heard about some clear floor at the top of the Sears Tower in Chicago.  NO WAY!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 04:12:44 am by Allegra »

Offline Rapunzel

Notice there is no protective barriers all along the cliffs in the area -- and the sheer drop straight down to the Colorado River.  This is the area Robbie Knievel jumped

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT4omt51CtQ

Offline Rapunzel

Offline mountaineer

I saw a documentary on TV about how they built that skywalk thing at the Grand Canyon. The reactions to people walking on it were pretty funny - and about as terrified as you'd expect.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org