Author Topic: Jean Harris, killer of Scarsdale diet doc Herman Tarnower, dies at 89  (Read 574 times)

Offline mountaineer

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Offline PzLdr

Re: Jean Harris, killer of Scarsdale diet doc Herman Tarnower, dies at 89
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 08:53:54 AM »
When I was an ADA we had a joke: What's the Tarnower diet? 4 ounces of lead. She had a pretty easy time in the joint. Lived in 'the cottage', taught her fellow inmates. But hey, she was a feminist icon, and a society babe. Why treat her like the murderess she was? [She got the minimum on the murder].  :shrug:
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Online andy58-in-nh

Re: Jean Harris, killer of Scarsdale diet doc Herman Tarnower, dies at 89
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 09:32:55 AM »
My dad was a patient of Dr. Tarnower's for a time. He described him as superficially charming but arrogant. I also recall that he strongly suspected the doctor of having an affair with his assistant, based upon their office manner with each other, which my dad found a bit too (a-hem) "familiar". And he was angry when Ms. Harris took matters into her hands, if only because Tarnower was actually having some success in getting my old man to lose some weight.
Liberalism isn't really about making the world a better place. It's about reassuring the elites that they are good people for wanting to rule over it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf