Author Topic: Kellie Pickler completes her sixth USO tour to perform for U.S. troops  (Read 1192 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://social.entertainment.msn.com/music/blogs/one-country-blogpost.aspx?post=4fa26620-1ed0-4d0f-a65e-d898fc8e4270

Kellie Pickler completes her sixth USO tour to perform for U.S. troops

Singer’s weeklong tour included four countries in the Middle East and an aircraft carrier
By Phyllis Stark Dec 20, 2012 6:18PM

Kellie Pickler returned to the United States this week from the Middle East following her sixth USO tour overseas to perform to U.S. troops. This year, she was part of Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Martin Dempsey’s annual USO holiday tour.

Joining her on the seven-day, four-country tour were comedian Iliza Shlesinger and athletes Ross Detwiler and Craig Stammen of the Washington Nationals, and Matt Hendricks of the Washington Capitals. All of the celebrities participated in a number of hospital visits and USO meet and greets at stops including Bagram Air Base and Kandahar Air Field in Afghanistan; U.S. Army Garrison Stuttgart in Germany; and a visit with sailors stationed aboard the aircraft carrier USS John C. Stennis, among other locations.

“It’s always different coming here this time of year,” Pickler told the troops, prior to her performance at Kandahar Airfield on Dec. 16. “[During] the holidays, everyone wants to be home with their families and loved ones. And I know it’s just as hard for [your] families back home, so they’re making a sacrifice as well. I just want to say thanks so much for all that you do, and thank you to your families as they make a huge sacrifice. This time of year is really hard, so I hope that you know that we love you. The USO, all of us, we are praying for a safe return home for you all.”

Pickler is pictured above sitting in a mine-resistant, ambush-protected vehicle simulator during a USO holiday tour stop at the Transit Center of Mansas, Kyrgyzstan.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Kellie Pickler completes her sixth USO tour to perform for U.S. troops
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 04:14:16 am »
I really liked Kellie when she was on American Idol.  She's a smart girl.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Allegra

Re: Kellie Pickler completes her sixth USO tour to perform for U.S. troops
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 04:21:20 am »
I really liked Kellie when she was on American Idol.  She's a smart girl.

She showed up in the Green Zone when I was there in '07 and the guys were practically pushing each other out of the way to see her. LOL

She seems like good people and has a good voice.
Don not wait to. There was not the shadow of the wall and another shade of eye gaze, we don not go Nvragr not find the light went shadow Nnvr.