Author Topic: 6 Home Defense Carbines, 5 are NOT AR's  (Read 1884 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
6 Home Defense Carbines, 5 are NOT AR's
« on: December 27, 2012, 03:29:42 am »
Let’s talk home defense.

First things first, shotguns are devastatingly powerful. Nothing can compare to the 12 gauge at close range. Even birdshot, which is still one mass of moving lead at close range, will tear a human to shreds. In my battery I have a Remington 870 and a bandoleer of slugs and buck ready to go for when the SHTF. You don’t lose much with a 20 gauge at close range either and you gain some agility with a smaller gun, and more family members are likely to respond better to the 20.

The second point I’d like to make is on handguns for home defense. Shoot the biggest cartridge you can handle. That means a .40 S&W, a .45 ACP or a .357 magnum – ask a doctor in an urban area where shootings are common and you will find these result in the most one shot kills. A 9mm? Well if that is what you have use it, but they just can’t compare to the bigger rounds. I’m not a caliber snob myself, but face it – bigger is better if you can handle the gun. And again, I’m not talking about concealed carry which can dictate a smaller round because you just can’t carry a larger gun at times, but I’m talking about guarding the homestead and your bedside piece.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/15/6-home-defense-carbines-5-are-not-ars/#ixzz2GDfTMBlI

Offline PzLdr

Re: 6 Home Defense Carbines, 5 are NOT AR's
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 10:17:06 pm »
The Ruger mini-14 and ranch rifle are on Feinstein's list.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

famousdayandyear

Re: 6 Home Defense Carbines, 5 are NOT AR's
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 04:33:59 pm »
A .410 ga with a PDX slug can do damage in close quarters