Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« on: December 26, 2012, 05:37:28 PM »

Support the USO

Offline Ford289HiPo

• Don't take life seriously; No one gets out alive
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 07:33:42 PM »

Contractors are hoarding cash. Top firms are eyeing potential mergers. And old alliances are cracking. Even senior Republicans on the House and Senate Armed Services Committees acknowledge a shrinking military is inevitable as the U.S. withdraws from Afghanistan after more than a decade of war.

Defense contractors have been living high on the hog for the past 10 years. Recently, many have been seriously cutting pay and benefits packages for their employees while expecting a standard to be maintained.  I have seen many "new" companies formed to buy up smaller companies, yet the result remains the same, lower pay=lower standards. It turns into a self devouring monster. In the end, the military bites the bullet.
In a sense, it is the fault of the military for opening up so many positions to civilian contractors who now view those positions with a sense of entitlement.
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf