Author Topic: Russell Wilson’s amazing scramble is yet another reason the Seahawks are a dangerous playoff foe  (Read 2636 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
By Doug Farrar | Shutdown Corner – 12 hours ago

SEATTLE -- With 12:56 left in the third quarter of last Sunday's game between the Seattle Seahawks and the San Francisco 49ers, Seattle quarterback Russell Wilson pulled off a scramble that would have made perennially grumpy ex-quarterback Fran Tarkenton happy and proud. Finding his receivers covered, Wilson executed a Tarkenton-like series of moves, juking 49ers defenders Aldon Smith and Ahmad Brooks out of their shoes twice each, and eventually running from the right-side numbers to the left in an amazing play that detailed Wilson's ingenuity and resourcefulness.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/video-russell-wilson-gains-six-yards-vertically-adds-234349314--nfl.html
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
If things go as planned on Sunday, Russell Wilson will be "coming home" (well, Richmond vs. DeeCee, but close) for the first round of the playoffs.  Maybe RG3 will teach RW a few things the Seattle QB can work on...for NEXT year...MUD :beer:

Oh won't that be some kind of game for this board?  Lots of Redskins and Seahawks fans here.  Methinks Richard Sherman (he of the pee cup) and the Seattle defense might show RG3 things he's never seen before...like the lovely sky above the Redskin's stadium - that is of course unless Arizona provides a miracle upset of the now crippled and crumpled 49ers (made that way by their recent visit to the Clink).
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Lando Lincoln

It is almost impossible not to like the Seahawks and RW.  I am sure they are the second-most tuned-in team on my Direct TV.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 01:53:20 am by Lando Lincoln »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
The particular play here was not the greatest - other than gassing the 49ers linemen it didn't accomplish much and Wilson came within a whisker at the end of getting his head taken off.  Sometimes he makes us wish he'd just toss it out of bounds instead.

...Bob Dylan

Offline Lando Lincoln

The particular play here was not the greatest - other than gassing the 49ers linemen it didn't accomplish much and Wilson came within a whisker at the end of getting his head taken off.  Sometimes he makes us wish he'd just toss it out of bounds instead.

That was the one third down he did not convert.  They were 11 of 12.
John Steinbeck

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The clip was not about how many yards he got, it was highlighting his ability to evade a tackle and sack. However, I agree to a degree. He can only get away with that so many times before he gets crushed. Coach needs to reel him in a little.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

famousdayandyear

The clip was not about how many yards he got, it was highlighting his ability to evade a tackle and sack. However, I agree to a degree. He can only get away with that so many times before he gets crushed. Coach needs to reel him in a little.

Am proud he played for NC State!  Thought all the time, this looks like Fran Tarkenton.  I like.

Offline Lando Lincoln

The 49ers have what, 9 ProBowlers, including almost half their defense?  If SF loses to the Cards, Harbaugh oughtta get skewered for his switch to Kaepernick...

One game at a time, of course, but I'd love the give and take of some good smack-talking in the runup to that game.  Seahawks are looking tough, but they've lost to some pretty mediocre squads this year, especially away from their 12th-Man home field advantage.  Beast-Mode would have problems running through the Skins' D, imho, although Washington has a long record of futility playing against mobile QBs...MUD

It's exhilarating as a football fan to have new teams like this in the debate.  Of course, I enjoy the traditional too so the Packers will fill the bill there...  :whistle:
John Steinbeck

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
It's exhilarating as a football fan to have new teams like this in the debate.  Of course, I enjoy the traditional too so the Packers will fill the bill there...  :whistle:

Don't want the Cowboys or the hated Steelers in it.

...Bob Dylan