Author Topic: The Worst Uniform in the History of Every NFL Franchise  (Read 1744 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The Worst Uniform in the History of Every NFL Franchise
« on: December 24, 2012, 02:55:37 pm »
By Dan Van Wie(Featured Columnist)

As Nike has just revealed their new uniforms for the upcoming 2012 season, we were reflecting on how far uniforms have come over the years in the NFL.

The longer that each franchise has been in existence, the more versions and changes they have gone through, some of which were more painful to look at than others.

Our goal today is to identify the worst uniform in the history of every NFL franchise.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1137553-the-worst-uniform-in-the-history-of-every-nfl-franchise?utm_source=outbrain.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=nfl
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mountaineer

Re: The Worst Uniform in the History of Every NFL Franchise
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 03:30:34 pm »
I'm pretty sure this year's throwback "bumblebee" uniforms were the deathknell for the Steelers' playoff hopes.   ^-^
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 03:42:12 pm »
I'm pretty sure this year's throwback "bumblebee" uniforms were the deathknell for the Steelers' playoff hopes.   ^-^

It's definitely hard to beat the Bumblebee Look for the worst NFL uniform of all time. It made the Steelers look like convicted felons, which as a matter of history would have been far more appropriate for the Cincinnati Bengals...
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 03:45:14 pm »
My personal worst uniform was the old Dolphins powder baby blues. My girlfriend at the time was a die-hard Dolphins fan, because she "just loved their uniforms".
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2012, 03:55:37 pm »
The very worst old uniform is the original Tampa Bay "Gay Blade" look, and the pink motif that came with it.  The team has improved significantly since they switched to the Jolly Roger pirate look.

But the Steelers Bumblebee look is a close second.  I would point out that those uniforms worked well in the days of black and white television, when the stripes were the only way to tell who was who on the field.  Color television eliminated the need for the extreme contrast necessary for black and white broadcasts.